- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- GTPase HRas
- Alias Symbols:
- CTLO, HAMSV, HRAS1, K-RAS, N-RAS, RASH1, C-H-RAS, H-RASIDX, C-BAS/HAS, C-HA-RAS1, HRAS
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-29 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- MOUSE ANTI HUMAN H-Ras
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A.
- ELISA, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express HRAS.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express HRAS.
- The immunogen for anti-HRAS antibody: synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids DIHQYREQIKRVKDSDDC of human H-Ras.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4C or at -20C if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-HRAS antibody - OASA02910
- Mouse anti Human H-Ras antibody, clone H-Ras-03 recognizes the human GTPase HRas also known as H-Ras, Transforming protein p21 or p21ras. H-Ras is a ubiquitously expressed lipid-anchored GTPase belonging to the Ras superfamily of small GTPases, which acts as a molecular signal transduction on/off switch on the inner surface of the plasma membrane and endomembranes (Milburn et al. 1990).
H-Ras, N-Ras and K-Ras are highly related RAS genes which regulate pathways involved in cell differentiation, proliferation, adhesion, migration and apoptosis and are known proto-oncogenes. H-Ras is located within the peripheral plasma membrane and within endomembrane compartments including the ER and Golgi apparatus. In the ER H-Ras can be activated by the RasGRF family exchange factors RasGRF1 and RasGRF2, this process does not appear to happen withing the Golgi (Arozarena et al. 2004). Mutations in the H-Ras gene are responsible for the rare condition known as Costello syndrome characterized by facial, cardiovascular and musculoskeletal abnormalities and mental retardation (Gripp et al. 2006).
Mouse anti Human H-Ras, clone H-Ras-03 has been used for the detection of H-Ras in the MCF10A human epitheliod breast cancer cell line by Western blotting (Vuoriluoto et al. 2011).
- Application Info:
- Western Blot: This product detects a band of approximately 24kDa in HeLa, K567 and RAJI whole cell lysates under reducing conditions.
Suggested Dilution: 0.5-1.0 ug/ml
- Additional Information:
- Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline
- Target Reference:
- 1. Zheng,Y. and Quilliam, L.A. (2003) Activation of the Ras superfamily of small GTPases. Workshop on exchange factors. EMBO reports. 4: 463-468.