- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology HMGB1 ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH00425) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Rat HMGB1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. After washing,a biotinylated detector antibody specific for Rat HMGB1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away.An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Rat HMGB1 captured in well.
- Kit Range:
- 0.156 - 10ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 4.4% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 6.5% (n = 20)
- Kit Component:
|Anti-HMGB1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|HMGB1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated HMGB1||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- 0.063 ng/mL
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Natural and recombinant Rat High mobility group protein B1
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich ELISA
- Official Gene Full Name:
- high mobility group box 1
- Alias Symbols:
- High mobility group protein B1; Amphoterin; Heparin-binding protein p30; High mobility group protein 1; Hmg1; Ac2-008
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- High mobility group protein B1
- Description of Target:
- Multifunctional redox sensitive protein with various roles in different cellular compartments. In the nucleus is one of the major chromatin-associated non-histone proteins and acts as a DNA chaperone involved in replication, transcription, chromatin remodeling, V(D)J recombination, DNA repair and genome stability. Proposed to be a universal biosensor for nucleic acids. Promotes host inflammatory response to sterile and infectious signals and is involved in the coordination and integration of innate and adaptive immune responses. In the cytoplasm functions as sensor and/or chaperone for immunogenic nucleic acids implicating the activation of TLR9-mediated immune responses and mediates autophagy. Acts as danger associated molecular pattern (DAMP) molecule that amplifies immune responses during tissue injury. Released to the extracellular environment can bind DNA, nucleosomes, IL-1 beta, CXCL12, AGER isoform 2/sRAGE, lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and lipoteichoic acid (LTA), and activates cells through engagement of multiple surface receptors. In the extracellular compartment fully reduced HMGB1 (released by necrosis) acts as a chemokine, disulfide HMGB1 (actively secreted) as a cytokine, and sulfonyl HMGB1 (released from apoptotic cells) promotes immunological tolerance. Has proangiogenic activity. May be involved in platelet activation. Binds to phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylethanolamide. Bound to RAGE mediates signaling for neuronal outgrowth. May play a role in accumulation of expanded polyglutamine (polyQ) proteins.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- 24 kDa
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express HMGB1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express HMGB1.