- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- HD4, AHO3, BDMR, HDACA, HA6116, HDAC-A, KIAA0288, HDAC-4
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Histone deacetylase 4
- Protein Accession #:
- Description of Target:
- Histones play a critical role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression, and developmental events. Histone acetylation/deacetylation alters chromosome structure and affects transcription factor access to DNA. The protein encoded by this gene belongs to class II of the histone deacetylase/acuc/apha family. It possesses histone deacetylase activity and represses transcription when tethered to a promoter. This protein does not bind DNA directly, but through transcription factors MEF2C and MEF2D. It seems to interact in a multiprotein complex with RbAp48 and HDAC3.
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express HDAC4.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express HDAC4.
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; TP53BP1; KRT31; MTUS2; KDM5B; HDAC5; NCOR2; PNMA1; KRT38; YWHAG; KRT40; CCDC136; RINT1; ANKRA2; EFEMP2; LDOC1; GSK3B; GOLGA2; CDR2; BCL6; YWHAQ; YWHAB; YWHAE; SIRT1; UBE2I; TBL1XR1; HDAC4; NCOR1; YWHAZ; YWHAH; SFN; MIF4GD; ZBTB7B; APP; ATF3; JDP2; Bt
- Quality Control:
- This product was tested on western blot.
Application : Western blot standard.
Observed Molecular Weight: 47
Expression system : Bacteria
- GST in N-terminal
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 200ul of distilled water. Final concentration is 1 mg/ml. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- Additional Information:
- Buffer Formulation: 0.1M Tris-HCl (pH 6.8) buffer containing 0.2M DTT, 4% SDS, 0.2% Bromophenol blue and 20% Sucrose.