- Official Gene Full Name:
- CD40 ligand
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- CD40 ligand
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-1593 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- FC, IP, BL
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CD40LG.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CD40LG.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Product Format:
- Purified (UNLB) Antibody
- CD154 (Mouse CD40 ligand/gp39), Mr 39- kDaCD154, formerly known as CD40 ligand and gp39, is a type II integral membrane protein and a member of thetumor necrosis factor (TNF) family of ligands.1- 7 It is an important accessory molecule in T cell- B cellcostimulatory interactions, and is expressed predominantly on activated CD4+ T lymphocytes. It is also presenton the surface of activated Th0, Th1, and Th2 T cell clones. Its expression is transient and cyclosporinsensitive.6 The MR1 monoclonal antibody binds to murine CD154 with high affinity, blocks binding to CD40,and blocks CD154 function.1, 5 Administration of this antibody to mice blocks the ability to mount primary andsecondary immune responses to TD antigens, yet does not alter the immune response to TI antigens.4
- To ensure lot- to- lot consistency, each batch of monoclonal antibody is tested by flow cytometry to conform tocharacteristics of a standard reference reagent. Representative data are included in this product insert.
- Reagents contain sodium azide. Sodium azide is very toxic if ingested or inhaled. Avoid contact with skin,eyes, or clothing. Wear eye or face protection when handling. If skin or eye contact occurs, wash withcopious amounts of water. If ingested or inhaled, contact a physician immediately. Sodium azide yields toxichydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide- containing compounds in running water before discardingto avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in lead or copper plumbing.
- Flow Cytometry: Fluorescein conjugate <= 2 ug/106 cells
Biotin conjugate <= 2 ug/106 cells
R-phycoerythrin conjugate <= 0.2 ug/106 cells
- Application Info:
- Flow cytometry 1, 5, Immunoprecipitation 1, In vivo and in vitro blockage of CD154 function 1, 3, 5
- Other Applications Data:
- Since applications vary, you should determine the optimum working dilutionfor the product that is appropriate for your specific need.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Noelle, R.J., M. Roy, D.M. Shepherd, I Stamenkovic, J.A. Ledbetter, and A. Aruffo. 1992. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 89:6550
2. Aruffo, A., M. Farrington, D. Hollenbaugh, X. Li, A. Milatovich, S. Nonoyama, J. Bajorath, L.S. Grosmaire, R. Stenkamp, and M. Neubauer
1993. Cell 72:291
3. Hollenbaugh, D., L.S. Grosmaire, C.D. Kullas, N.J. Chalupny, S. Braesch- Andersen, R.J. Noelle, I. Stamenkovic, J.A. Ledbetter, and A. Aruffo
1992. EMBO J. 11:4313
4. Foy, TM., DM Shepherd, F.H. Durie, A. Aruffo, J.A. Ledbeter, and R.J. Noelle. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 178:1567
5. Foy, T.M., D.M. page, T.J. Waldschmidt, A. Schoneveld, J.D. Laman, S.R. Masters, L. Tygrett, J.A. Ledbetter, A. Aruffo, and E. Claassen
1995. J. Exp. Med. 182:1377
6. Roy, M., T.J. Waldschmidt, A. Aruffo, J.A. Ledbetter, and R.J. Noelle. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2497
7. Armitage, R.J., W.C. Fanslow, L. Stockbine, T.A. Sato, K.N. Clifford, B.M. Macduff, D.M. Anderson, S.D. Gimpel, T. Davis- Smith, and C.R
Maliszewski. 1992. Nature 357:80.
- - The purified (UNLB) antibody is supplied as 0.5 mg of purified immunoglobulin in 1.0 mL of 100 mMborate buffered saline, pH 8.2. No preservatives or amine- containing buffer salts added. Store at 2- 8 C
- The fluorescein (FITC) conjugate is supplied as 0.5 mg in 1.0 mL of PBS/NaN3. Store at 2- 8 C
- The biotin (BIOT) conjugate is supplied as 0.5 mg in 1.0 mL of PBS/NaN3. Store at 2- 8 C
- The R- phycoerythrin (R- PE) conjugate is supplied as 0.1 mg in 1.0 mL of PBS/NaN3 and a stabilizingagent. Store at 2- 8 C. Do not freeze!
- The low endotoxin, azide- free (LE/AF) antibody is supplied as 0.5 mg purified immunoglobulin in 1.0 mL ofPBS. Aliquot and store at or below - 20 C
- Protect conjugated forms from light. Aliquot and freeze the low endotoxin, azide- free product at - 20 Cimmediately upon receipt. Each reagent is stable for the period shown on the bottle label if stored asdirected.