- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Polyclonal IgG
- Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide (NaN3)
50% - Glycerol - 0.01% - Bovine Serum Albumin
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to rat GSK3 beta (pSer9) were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solutions: 10mM Hepes pH7.5
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-110362 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI GSK3 BETA (pSer9)
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Gsk3b.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Gsk3b.
- The immunogen for anti-Gsk3b antibody: phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid sequence surrounding phoshorylated seine 9 of rat GSK3 beta.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Printable datasheet for anti-Gsk3b antibody - OASA07320
- GSK3 BETA
- Application Info:
- Western Blot: This product detects a band of approximately 46kDa in rat cortex cell lysates.
* For the detection of phosphoproteins, serine phosphatase inhibitors such as 10mM Sodium Fluoride should be added to the sample buffer. Milk or other casein-based blocking solutions are not recommended as casein is a phosphoprotein and its use can result in high background.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Green, J. (2004) Lkb1 and GSK3-beta: kinases at the center and poles of the action Cell Cycle 3:12-14.
2. Papkoff, J. et al. (1998) WNT-1 and HGF regulate GSK3 beta activity and beta-catenin signaling in mammary epithelial cells. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 247:851-8.
3. Stambolic, V. et al. (1994) Mitogen inactivation of glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta in intact cells via serine 9 phosphorylation. Biochem, J. 303:701-4.
4. Garrido, J. et al. (2007) GSK3 alpha and GSK3 beta are necessary for axon formation. FEBS Lett. 581:1579-86.
- Tips Information: