- Official Gene Full Name:
- glutamate ionotropic receptor NMDA type subunit 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Nmdar1, NMDAR1, NMD-R1, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR1, NR1
- Description of Target:
- NMDA receptor subtype of glutamate-gated ion channels possesses high calcium permeability and voltage-dependent sensitivity to magnesium. Mediated by glycine. Plays a key role in synaptic plasticity, synaptogenesis, excitotoxicity, memory acquisition and learning. It mediates neuronal functions in glutamate neurotransmission. Is involved in the cell surface targeting of NMDA receptors.
- Protein Name:
- Glutamate receptor ionotropic- NMDA 1
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- 0.156 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312 - 20 ng/mL
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology GRIN1 ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH03092) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Grin1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Grin1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Grin1 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Grin1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Grin1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated Grin1 Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Grin1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Grin1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural rat NMDAR1. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay