- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Kit Duration:
- ~4 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology GPIHBP1 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKDD00290) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay methodology. An antibody for GPIHBP1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for GPIHBP1 is added, incubated and removed. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample GPIHBP1 captured in well.
- Kit Range:
- 0.156-10 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): 3 samples with low, middle and high level GPIHBP1 were tested 20 times on one plate, respectively.
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): 3 samples with low, middle and high level GPIHBP1 were tested on 3 different plates, 8 replicates in each plate.
- Kit Component:
Component Amount Anti-GPIHBP1 Microplate 96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips) GPIHBP1 Lyophilized Standard 2 x 10 ng Standard Diluent 1 x 20 mL 100X GPIHBP1 Biotinylated Detector Antibody 1 x 120 µL 100X Avidin-HRP Detection Conjugate 1 x 120 µL Detector Antibody Diluent 1 x 12 mL Detection Conjugate Diluent 1 x 12 mL 10X Sample Diluent 1 x 30 mL 30X Wash Buffer 1 x 20 mL TMB Substrate 1 x 9 mL Stop Solution 1 x 6 mL
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates, cell lysates
- < 0.054 ng/mL
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of GPIHBP1. No significant cross-reactivity or interference between GPIHBP1 and analogues was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Quantitative Sandwich ELISA
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchored high density lipoprotein binding protein 1
- Alias Symbols:
- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored high density lipoprotein-binding protein 1, GPI-anchored HDL-binding protein 1, GPI-HBP1, HBP1, High density lipoprotein-binding protein 1, LOC338328
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored high density lipoprotein-binding protein 1
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a capillary endothelial cell protein that facilitates the lipolytic processing of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins. The encoded protein is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored protein that is a member of the lymphocyte antigen 6 (Ly6) family. This protein plays a major role in transporting lipoprotein lipase (LPL) from the subendothelial spaces to the capillary lumen. Mutations in this gene are the cause of hyperlipoproteinemia, type 1D. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- 20 kDa
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GPIHBP1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GPIHBP1.
- Tips Information: