- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Guinea Pig, Human, Mouse, Rat, Zebrafish
- Product Format:
- Supplied at 0.5 mg/ml in Tris saline, 0.02% sodium azide, pH7.3 with 0.5% bovine serum albumin.
- WB, IHC, CHIP
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Aliquot and store at -20C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-101058 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Peptide with sequence C-GVYSRPVLNTS, from the C Terminus of the protein sequence according to NP_004487.2.
- Purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 100%
- Peptide Sequence:
- Printable datasheet for anti-FOXA1 antibody - OAEB02496
- Application Info:
- Peptide ELISA: antibody detection limit dilution 1:16000.
Western Blot: Approx 50kDa band observed in Human lysates of cell line HepG2 (calculated MW of 49.1kDa according to NP_004487.2). Recommended concentration: 0.2-0.6ug/ml. An additional band of unknown identity was also consistently observed at 35kDa. This band was successfully blocked by incubation with the immunising peptide.
IHC: In paraffin embedded Human Prostate shows preferential nuclear staining in the epithelial cells. Recommended concentration, 2-4ug/ml.
ChIP: This antibody has been successfully used for mouse embryonic stem cells and it has been confirmed in ChIP by anonymous customers.
- Target Reference:
- * Hua S, Kittler R, White KP.; Genomic antagonism between retinoic acid and estrogen signaling in breast cancer.; Cell. 2009 Jun 26;137(7):1259-71.; Pubmed 19563758
* Eeckhoute J, Lupien M, Meyer CA, Verzi MP, Shivdasani RA, Liu XS, Brown M.; Cell-type selective chromatin remodeling defines the active subset of FOXA1-bound enhancers.; Genome Res. 2009 Mar;19(3):372-80.; Pubmed 19129543
* Lupien M, Eeckhoute J, Meyer CA, Wang Q, Zhang Y, Li W, Carroll JS, Liu XS, Brown M.; FoxA1 translates epigenetic signatures into enhancer-driven lineage-specific transcription.; Cell. 2008 Mar 21;132(6):958-70.; Pubmed 18358809
* Eeckhoute J, Carroll JS, Geistlinger TR, Torres-Arzayus MI, Brown M.; A cell-type-specific transcriptional network required for estrogen regulation of cyclin D1 and cell cycle progression in breast cancer.; Genes Dev. 2006 Sep 15;20(18):2513-26.; Pubmed 16980581
* Carroll JS, Liu XS, Brodsky AS, Li W, Meyer CA, Szary AJ, Eeckhoute J, Shao W, Hestermann EV, Geistlinger TR, Fox EA, Silver PA, Brown M.; Chromosome-wide mapping of estrogen receptor binding reveals long-range regulation requiring the forkhead protein FoxA1.; Cell. 2005 Jul 15;122(1):33-43.; Pubmed 16009131
* Nguyen TT, Cho K, Stratton SA, Barton MC.; Transcription factor interactions and chromatin modifications associated with p53-mediated, developmental repression of the alpha-fetoprotein gene.; Mol Cell Biol. 2005 Mar;25(6):2147-57.; Pubmed 15743813
* Lin L, Miller CT, Contreras JI, Prescott MS, Dagenais SL, Wu R, Yee J, Orringer MB, Misek DE, Hanash SM, Glover TW, Beer DG.; The hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 alpha gene, HNF3alpha (FOXA1), on chromosome band 14q13 is amplified and overexpressed in esophageal and lung adenocarcinomas.; Cancer Res. 2002 Sep 15;62(18):5273-9.; Pubmed 12234996
- Alias Symbols:
- FOXA1, HNF3A, forkhead box A1, TCF3A, MGC33105, hepatocyte nuclear factor 3, alpha
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 3-alpha
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express FOXA1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express FOXA1.