- Official Gene Full Name:
- growth hormone prepeptide
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Description of Target:
- Growth hormone plays an important role in growth control and is involved in the regulation of several anabolic processes. Implicated as an osmoregulatory substance important for seawater adaptation.
- Protein Name:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- 0.245 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.625 - 40ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 5.9% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 9.8% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology GH1 ELISA Kit (Salmon) (OKEH00068) is based on a competitive enzyme immunoassay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-salmon GH1 antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated GH1 and incubated. The GH1 found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated GH1 for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-salmon GH1 antibody. Excess unbound biotinylated GH1 and sample or standard GH1 is washed from the plate. Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated and washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated GH1 captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of GH1 which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-GH1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|GH1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X GH1-Biotin Complex||1 x 60 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 95%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GH1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GH1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Natural and recombinant Salmon Somatotropin
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Competitive ELISA