- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Glial fibrillary acidic protein
- Alias Symbols:
- FLJ45472, GFAP
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-115582 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- MOUSE ANTI BOVINE GFAP
- Protein Size (# AA):
- IHC-AFF, IHC-FFPE, ELISA, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GFAP.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GFAP.
- The immunogen for anti-GFAP antibody: bovine spinal cord homogenate.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-GFAP antibody - OASA00322
- Application Info:
- Immunohistology - Paraffin(1): 1/25 - 1/100
(1) Special conditions apply - see [*]
- Application Data:
- Application #1: Paraffin embedded human brain stained with Mouse anti Bovine GFAP following pronase antigen retrieval
- Additional Information:
- Histology Positive Control Tissue: Brain
- Preparation: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Target Reference:
- 1. Pegram, C.N. et al. (1985) Monoclonal antibodies reactive with epitopes restricted to glial fibrillary acidic proteins of several species. Neurochem. Pathol. 3: 119-138.
2. McLendon, R.E. et al. (1986) The immunohistochemical application of three anti-GFAP monoclonal antibodies to formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded, normal and neoplastic brain tissues. J. Neuropathol. Exp. Neurol. 45: 692-703.