- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Kit Detection Method:
- Chemiluminescent, visible wavelength light
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3.5 Hours
- Kit Linearity:
Sample 1:2 1:4 1:8 1:16 Serum (n=5) 88-104% 96-105% 95-103% 78-92% EDTA Plasma (n=5) 85-96% 84-92% 98-105% 90-103% Heparin Plasma (n=5) 90-97% 94-101% 86-101% 86-95%
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology GBA Chemi-Luminescent ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD03501) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for GBA has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for GBA is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of a luminol substrate which is catalyzed by the HRP to produce light emission. The light emission is read by a luminometer (or photo-multiplier equipped instrument) and the intensity of the emitted light is proportional to the amount of sample GBA
- Kit Range:
- 2.74-2,000 pg/mL
- Kit Recovery:
Matrix Recovery range (%) Average(%) Serum (n=5) 83-98 93 EDTA Plasma (n=5) 88-101 95 Heparin Plasma (n=5) 87-95 91
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay reproducibility was evaluated using 20 replicates of 3 samples representing low, middle and high level GBA. Inter-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 3 samples representing low, middle and high level GBA using 8 replicates on each of 3 plates.
Intra-Assay CV <10%
Inter-Assay CV <12%
- Kit Component:
Component Amount GBA Microplate 96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips) GBA Lyophilized Standard 2 100X GBA Biotinylated Detector Anitbody 1 x 120 uL 100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate 1 x 120 uL Standard Diluent 1 x 20 mL Detector Antibody Diluent 1 x 12 mL Conjugate Diluent 1 x 12 mL 30X Wash Buffer 1 x 20 mL 100X Luminol Substrate 1 x 2 mL Substrate Diluent 1 x 20 mL
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids
- < 0.99 pg/mL
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich ELISA
- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- Acid beta-glucosidase, Alglucerase, Beta-glucocerebrosidase, D-glucosyl-N-acylsphingosine glucohydrolase, GBA1, GC, GCB, GLUC, Glucosylceramidase, Imiglucerase
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GBA.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GBA.
- Tips Information:
For 6 months I had been evaluating GBA ELISAs for protein expression without success.
As usually I would find ELISAs where the standard curve performs as expected but my protein was not detected.
I had confirmed my GBA expression by Western blot using R&D Systems MAB7410. This is the best Monoclonal Ab I have found after an exhaustive search.
I know I am making GBA but the ELISAs I had evaluated, and there were several, all failed to detect my GBA or my recombinant GBA standard. I suspect that the Antibody used in these ELISAs are generated using peptides which is fine except they do no detect whole GBA protein.
Until I found this assay!
Both this kit and their standard ELISAs work briliantly, I purchaed a recombinant GBA from R&D Systems (cat# 7410) and this kit as well as the standard ELISA they offer detects it and quantitates it within a reasonable accuracy from a known concentration. The assay is simple to use and anyone who is reasearching Gaucher diease should use this kit.
I would encourage the Gaucher disease community to validate this assay as their standard as it is the only ELISAs format assay that detects whole GBA protein.