- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- The protein encoded by this gene is an enzymatic component of the tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle, or Krebs cycle, and catalyzes the formation of L-malate from fumarate. It exists in both a cytosolic form and an N-terminal extended form, differing only in
- Alias Symbols:
- CDABP0047, G3PD, GAPD, Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, MGC88685, OK/SW-cl.12, Peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a member of the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase protein family. The encoded protein has been identified as a moonlighting protein based on its ability to perform mechanistically distinct functions. The product of this gene catalyzes an important energy-yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism, the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate in the presence of inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). The encoded protein has additionally been identified to have uracil DNA glycosylase activity in the nucleus. Also, this protein contains a peptide that has antimicrobial activity against E. coli, P. aeruginosa, and C. albicans. Studies of a similar protein in mouse have assigned a variety of additional functions including nitrosylation of nuclear proteins, the regulation of mRNA stability, and acting as a transferrin receptor on the cell surface of macrophage. Many pseudogenes similar to this locus are present in the human genome. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- 0.1 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.156 - 10ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 4.7% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 7.8% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology GAPDH ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH01375) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for GAPDH has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for GAPDH is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample GAPDH captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|GAPDH Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|GAPDH Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated GAPDH Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 92%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GAPDH.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GAPDH.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Natural and recombinant Human Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase