- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase RuleBase RU003389
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- G3PD, GAPD, MGC88685
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-113612, HPA040067
- Description of Target:
- GAPDH catalyzes an important energy-yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism, the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate in the presence of inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). The enzyme exists as a tetramer of identical chains. Many pseudogenes similar to this locus are present in the human genome.Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase catalyzes an important energy-yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism, the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate in the presence of inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). The enzyme exists as a tetramer of identical chains. A GAPD pseudogene has been mapped to Xp21-p11 and 15 GAPD-like loci have been identified. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- WB, IHC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GAPDH.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GAPDH.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human GAPDH
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Goat, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 93%; Dog: 100%; Goat: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 93%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Sheep: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-GAPDH (ARP40175_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: IDLNYMVYMFQYDSTHGKFHGTVKAENGKLVINGNPITIFQERDPSKIKW
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- FUS; HUWE1; UBC; SUMO2; SUMO3; STAU1; MDM2; GAPDH; ASB15; ASB16; RPA3; RPA2; RPA1; EED; SNCA; rev; HSPA9; HSPA1L; GAS7; TUBA1A; TUFM; RAP1GDS1; PPP5C; PPIB; YWHAG; TUBB; TUBA1C; PRPF40A; UBQLN1; DCPS; MAT2B; ACOT7; METAP2; FERMT2; GBP1; EEF1A1; TYMP; DFFA
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-GAPDH (ARP40175_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP40175 (Previous Catalog # AAPP22021)
- Printable datasheet for anti-GAPDH (ARP40175_P050) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
GAPDH is strongly supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HeLa
- Target Reference:
- Rinne,T., (2008) Hum. Mol. Genet. 17 (13), 1968-1977
Fu, Y. et al. ABCA12 Regulates ABCA1-Dependent Cholesterol Efflux from Macrophages and the Development of Atherosclerosis. Cell Metab. 18, 225-38 (2013). WB, IHC, Cow, Dog, Goat, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep 23931754
Kalinec, G. M. et al. Acetaminophen and NAPQI are toxic to auditory cells via oxidative and endoplasmic reticulum stress-dependent pathways. Hear. Res. 313, 26-37 (2014). WB, IHC, Cow, Dog, Goat, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep 24793116
Researcher: Dr. Arimdam Basu, Dept. of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: NIH3T3 cells
How many ug's of tissue/cell lysate run on the gel: 1. 50 ug NIH3T3 cytosolic extract 2. 50 ug NIH3T3 cytosolic extract 3. 50 ug NIH3T3 cytosolic extract 4. 50 ug NIH3T3 cytosolic extract
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody: Anti-Rabbit HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:30000
How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
Tried Western blotting.
How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?
5. It could detect GAPDH in the cytosol and the blot is clean.
Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
-20 degree C
Sample Description, Species, Tissue/Cell Type:
NE and CE from NIH3T3 cells 50ug of each.
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you preparing it?
Using nuclear extraction protocol of Pierce NE-PER kit.
Primary used and dilution:
1.0 ug/mL overnight.
Secondary used and dilution:
1:30000, 1h at RT.
What controls were used in your experiment? Please include your positive control:
Positive control as purified RYBP overexpressed protein.
1. Membrane blocked 1h at RT.
2. Overnight incubation with the primary antibody at 1.0ug/mL.
3. Washes 4 times 8 min each.
4. Secondary for 1h at RT.
5. Washes 4 times 8 min each.