- Alias Symbols:
- L31, GAL3, MAC2, CBP35, GALBP, GALIG, LGALS2, LGALS3
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Description of Target:
- RECOMBINANT HUMAN GALECTIN-3
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- 26.0kD (250 amino acid residues)
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express LGALS3.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express LGALS3.
- Product Format:
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- >98% by SDS PAGE/HPLC analysis
- Galectin-3 (Gal-3) is a member of the galectin family of beta-galactoside-binding proteins, which is involved in both intracellular and extracellular functions and exhibits anti-apoptotic properties.
Gal-3 is implicated in many biological processes, including cell differentiation, growth, adhesion, angiogenesis and inflammation, and is expressed in a wide range of neoplasms. Gal-3 acts as a regulator of tumour metastasis, and several studies have shown a correlation between levels of Gal-3 and tumour progression in liver, thyroid, colon, gastric and breast carcinomas, making Gal-3 an emerging cancer marker.
- Application Info:
- ELISA: 0.2 - 0.4ng/well
Western Blotting: 1.5 - 3.0ng/lane
- Additional Information:
- Activity: Determined by its ability to chemoattract human blood monocytes. Chemotactic activity was observed at a concentration of 2.5 ug/ml with a peak response obtained at 250 ug/ml.
Approx Protein Conc: Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
Buffer solution: Phosphate buffered saline
- Endotoxin Level: < 1 EU/ug
- Label Protein Molar Ratio: Purified recombinant galectin-3 expressed in E.coli
Preservative: None present
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.5ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Printable datasheet for OPSA11036