- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Product Format:
- Purified monoclonal antibody supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- IgG1, k
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Maintain refrigerated at 2-8C for up to 2 weeks. For long term storage store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-271621 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- This FHIT antibody is generated from a mouse immunized with a recombinant protein.
- This antibody is purified through a protein G column, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Application Info:
- FC: 1:25
- Target Reference:
- Ohta M.,et al.Cell 84:587-597(1996).
Druck T.,et al.Cancer Res. 57:504-512(1997).
Corominas R.,et al.Nat. Commun. 5:3650-3650(2014).
Naqvi S.R.A.,et al.Submitted (JUL-2005) to the EMBL/GenBank/DDBJ databases.
Ota T.,et al.Nat. Genet. 36:40-45(2004).
- Alias Symbols:
- Bis(5'-adenosyl)-triphosphatase, AP3A hydrolase, AP3Aase, Diadenosine 5',5'''-P1,P3-triphosphate hydrolase, Dinucleosidetriphosphatase, Fragile histidine triad protein, FHIT
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Description of Target:
- Cleaves P(1)-P(3)-bis(5'-adenosyl) triphosphate (Ap3A) to yield AMP and ADP. Can also hydrolyze P(1)-P(4)-bis(5'- adenosyl) tetraphosphate (Ap4A), but has extremely low activity with ATP. Modulates transcriptional activation by CTNNB1 and thereby contributes to regulate the expression of genes essential for cell proliferation and survival, such as CCND1 and BIRC5. Plays a role in the induction of apoptosis via SRC and AKT1 signaling pathways. Inhibits MDM2-mediated proteasomal degradation of p53/TP53 and thereby plays a role in p53/TP53-mediated apoptosis. Induction of apoptosis depends on the ability of FHIT to bind P(1)-P(3)-bis(5'-adenosyl) triphosphate or related compounds, but does not require its catalytic activity, it may in part come from the mitochondrial form, which sensitizes the low- affinity Ca(2+) transporters, enhancing mitochondrial calcium uptake. Functions as tumor suppressor.
- Molecular Weight:
- 17 kDa
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express FHIT.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express FHIT.