- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Yeast, Zebrafish
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human FECH
- Protein A purified
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Yeast: 77%; Zebrafish: 86%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-FECH (ARP41682_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: LDRDLMTLPIQNKLAPFIAKRRTPKIQEQYRRIGGGSPIKIWTSKQGEGM
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-FECH (ARP41682_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP41682 (Previous Catalog # AAPP24325)
- Printable datasheet for anti-FECH (ARP41682_T100) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
FECH is strongly supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in Jurkat
- Target Reference:
- Maruyama,K. (2005) Blood 106 (3), 1098-1104
Miyake, M. et al. siRNA-mediated knockdown of the heme synthesis and degradation pathways: modulation of treatment effect of 5-aminolevulinic acid-based photodynamic therapy in urothelial cancer cell lines. Photochem. Photobiol. 85, 1020-7 (2009). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Yeast, Zebrafish 19320847
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Alias Symbols:
- EPP, FCE
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Ferrochelatase, mitochondrial
- Description of Target:
- Ferrochelatase is localized to the mitochondrion where it catalyzes the insertion of the ferrous form of iron into protoporphyrin IX in the heme synthesis pathway. Defects in ferrochelatase are associated with protoporphyria.Ferrochelatase is localized to the mitochondrion where it catalyzes the insertion of the ferrous form of iron into protoporphyrin IX in the heme synthesis pathway. Defects in ferrochelatase are associated with protoporphyria. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express FECH.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express FECH.
- Protein Interactions:
- PPP2R1A; UBC; NEDD8; MDM2; FBXO6; gag-pol; COPS5; COPS6; CUL3; ELAVL1; MINOS1; MME; USP42; USP20; ABCB7; FECH;
Researcher: Dr. Hao Zhu, University of Kansas Medical Center
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Mouse brain mitochondria extract
How many ug's of tissue/cell lysate run on the gel:
1. 6 ug mouse brain mitochondria extract
2. 6 ug mouse brain mitochondria extract
3. 6 ug mouse brain mitochondria extract
Primary antibody dilution: 1:500
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:3000
How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
These are the new target genes that I am testing with reasonable results. They may be included in our upcoming publication.
How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?
4 due to reasonable specificity (FECH), 3 due to poor signal intensity.
Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
Yes, ARP41683 (QC12324-90414) for FECH and OxPhos cocktail antibody (MitoSci) for SDHB.
Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
No (see below).
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
4 degree C.
Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):
Mitochondria from mouse liver, brain and heart (6 ug proteins each lane).
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
More than three each antibody.
How was this sample prepared?
Mitochondria were isolated from fresh intact mouse tissues with homogenization in Isolation Buffer (225 mM mannitol, 75 mM sucrose, 1 mM EGTA, 5 mM HEPES, 1 mg/mL BSA) and mitochondria-rich organelles pellets being washed in Resuspension Buffer (250 mM sucrose, 0.1 mM EGTA, 5 mM HEPES).
Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:
1:500 in 3% BSA/TBST and incubated at 4C overnight.
Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:
1:3000 in 2% non-fat milk/TBST and incubated at 22C for 1.5 hrs.
What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?