- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- APT1, CD95, FAS1, APO-1, FASTM, ALPS1A, TNFRSF6
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 6
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the TNF-receptor superfamily. This receptor contains a death domain. It has been shown to play a central role in the physiological regulation of programmed cell death, and has been implicated in the pathogenesis of various malignancies and diseases of the immune system. The interaction of this receptor with its ligand allows the formation of a death-inducing signaling complex that includes Fas-associated death domain protein (FADD), caspase 8, and caspase 10. The autoproteolytic processing of the caspases in the complex triggers a downstream caspase cascade, and leads to apoptosis. This receptor has been also shown to activate NF-kappaB, MAPK3/ERK1, and MAPK8/JNK, and is found to be involved in transducing the proliferating signals in normal diploid fibroblast and T cells. Several alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described, some of which are candidates for nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD). The isoforms lacking the transmembrane domain may negatively regulate the apoptosis mediated by the full length isoform.
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express FAS.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express FAS.
- Protein Interactions:
- FADD; CAV1; FAS; APOA5; TMX1; UBQLN1; MBD4; TP63; TCAP; BAG6; UBC; HNRNPC; GADD45A; CCND3; ATP6V0B; SQSTM1; Ube2i; PRAM1; RARA; PML; DAXX; FASLG; TRADD; MAP3K5; BMX; Traf1; FAF1; FAF2; TRAF3; KRIT1; TNF; BRE; LRIF1; FEM1B; FBF1; FAIM2; CASP8AP2; C14orf1;
- Quality Control:
- This product was tested on western blot.
Application : Western blot standard.
Observed Molecular Weight: 37
Expression system : Bacteria
- GST in N-terminal
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 200ul of distilled water. Final concentration is 1 mg/ml. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.