- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Ascites fluid from mouse containing 0.05% azide.
- IgG1 kappa
- WB, GS, IHC, IP, CHIP
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-102391 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Ascites fluid
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Undetermined, ascites
- 0.05% Sodium Azide
- Monoclonal antibody raised in mouse against human ERalpha (estrogen receptor alpha), using a synthetic peptide.
- Application Info:
- ELISA: 1:500 -1:5,000
Western Blotting: 1:500 -1:5,000
Gel Supershift 1:10 - 1:20
Immunochemistry 1:500 -1:5,000
Immunoprecipitation: 1:200 -1:5,000
CHIP: 2.5 ul/CHIP
- Official Gene Full Name:
- estrogen receptor 1
- Alias Symbols:
- ER, ESR, Era, ESRA, ESTRR, NR3A1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- estrogen receptor
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes an estrogen receptor, a ligand-activated transcription factor composed of several domains important for hormone binding, DNA binding, and activation of transcription. The protein localizes to the nucleus where it may form a homodimer or a heterodimer with estrogen receptor 2. Estrogen and its receptors are essential for sexual development and reproductive function, but also play a role in other tissues such as bone. Estrogen receptors are also involved in pathological processes including breast cancer, endometrial cancer, and osteoporosis. Alternative promoter usage and alternative splicing result in dozens of transcript variants, but the full-length nature of many of these variants has not been determined.
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ESR1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ESR1.