- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-2
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Tyrosine kinase-type cell surface receptor HER2, ERBB2
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-08, HPA001383
- Molecular Weight:
- 137909 Da
- WB, IHC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ERBB2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ERBB2.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human; Mouse; Rat
- Product Format:
- Purified polyclonal antibody supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide. This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Maintain refrigerated at 2-8 deg C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20 deg C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Approximately 0.5mg/ml. Actual concentration varies with each lot.
- Printable datasheet for anti-ERBB2 antibody - OAAB04692
- This ERBB2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 1227-1255 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human ERBB2.
- Rabbit Ig
- Application Info:
- The suggested dilutions are:
Western blot~~ 1:1,000
- Additional Information:
- Function: Protein tyrosine kinase that is part of several cell surface receptor complexes, but that apparently needs a coreceptor for ligand binding. Essential component of a neuregulin-receptor complex, although neuregulins do not interact with it alone. GP30 is a potential ligand for this receptor. Regulates outgrowth and stabilization of peripheral microtubules (MTs). Upon ERBB2 activation, the MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway elicits the phosphorylation and thus the inhibition of GSK3B at cell membrane. This prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization.
- Cellular Location: Isoform 1: Cell membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein. Cytoplasm, perinuclear region. Nucleus Note=Translocation to the nucleus requires endocytosis, probably endosomal sorting and is mediated by importin beta-1/KPNB1 Isoform 3: Cytoplasm. Nucleus.
Expressed in a variety of tumor tissues including primary breast tumors and tumors from small bowel, esophagus, kidney and mouth
Suzuki, S. et al. Nucleobindin 2 in human breast carcinoma as a potent prognostic factor. Cancer Sci. 103, 136-43 (2012). WB, IHC, Human, Mouse, Rat 21988594
- Tips Information: