- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- UDP-glucose glycoprotein glucosyltransferase 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- FLJ21763, FLJ23671, FLJ23796, GT, hUGT1, HUGT1, UDP--Glc:glycoprotein glucosyltransferase, UDP-glucose:glycoprotein glucosyltransferase 1, UDP-glucose ceramide glucosyltransferase-like 1, UGCGL1, UGGT, UGT1, UGTR
- Description of Target:
- Recognizes glycoproteins with minor folding defects. Reglucosylates single N-glycans near the misfolded part of the protein, thus providing quality control for protein folding in the endoplasmic reticulum. Reglucosylated proteins are recognized by calreticulin for recycling to the endoplasmic reticulum and refolding or degradation.1 Publication <p>Manually curated information for which there is published experimental evidence.</p> <p><a href="/manual/evidences#ECO:0000269">Moreâ€¦</a></p> Manual assertion based on experiment iniRef.1"Two homologues encoding human UDP-glucose:glycoprotein glucosyltransferase differ in mRNA expression and enzymatic activity."_x005F_x000D_ Arnold S.M., Fessler L.I., Fessler J.H., Kaufman R.J._x005F_x000D_ Biochemistry 39:2149-2163(2000) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: NUCLEOTIDE SEQUENCE [MRNA] (ISOFORM 1), FUNCTION, COFACTOR, INDUCTION, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION, TISSUE SPECIFICITY, MUTAGENESIS OF ASP-1452; GLN-1453; ASP-1454; LEU-1455; PRO-1456 AND ASN-1457.
- Protein Name:
- UDP-glucose:glycoprotein glucosyltransferase 1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates, cell lysates and other biological fluids.
- < 0.113 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312-20 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level UGGT1 were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level UGGT1 were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10%
Inter-Assay CV: <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology UGGT1 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD01053) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for UGGT1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for UGGT1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample UGGT1captured in well.
- Kit Component:
Component Amount Anti-UGGT1 Microplate 96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips) UGGT1 Lyophilized Standard 2 x 20 ng 100X Biotinylated UGGT1 Detector Antibody 120 uL Avidin/HRP Conjugate 120 uL Standard Diluent 1 x 20 mL Detector Antibody Diluent 1 x 12 mL Conjugate Diluent 1 x 12 mL 30X Wash Buffer 1 x 20 mL TMB Substrate 1 x 9 mL Stop Solution 1 x 6 mL
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express UGGT1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express UGGT1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of UDP-Glucose Glycoprotein Glucosyltransferase 1 (UGGT1). No significant cross-reactivity or interference between UDP-Glucose Glycoprotein Glucosyltransferase 1 (UGGT1) and analogues was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tips Information:
Ask a Question