- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily A, member 1
- Protein Name:
- Transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily A member 1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-127974 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The structure of the protein encoded by this gene is highly related to both the protein ankyrin and transmembrane proteins. The specific function of this protein has not yet been determined; however, studies indicate the function may involve a role in sig
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, WB, IF
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TRPA1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TRPA1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human TRPA1
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Yeast
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 93%; Dog: 90%; Guinea Pig: 93%; Horse: 86%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 93%; Rat: 100%; Yeast: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-TRPA1 (ARP35205_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: KCTDRLDEDGNTALHFAAREGHAKAVALLLSHNADIVLNKQQASFLHLAL
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; CYLD;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-TRPA1 (ARP35205_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP35205 (Previous Catalog # AAPP23891)
- Printable datasheet for anti-TRPA1 (ARP35205_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Chen,J., (2008) J. Neurosci. 28 (19), 5063-5071
Rohn, T. T., Catlin, L. W., Coonse, K. G. & Habig, J. W. Identification of an amino-terminal fragment of apolipoprotein E4 that localizes to neurofibrillary tangles of the Alzheimer’s disease brain. Brain Res. 1475, 106-15 (2012). IHC, WB, IF, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Yeast 22905134
Pierce, A. N., Ryals, J. M., Wang, R. & Christianson, J. A. Vaginal hypersensitivity and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis dysfunction as a result of neonatal maternal separation in female mice. Neuroscience 263, 216-30 (2014). IHC, WB, IF, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Yeast 24462609
Trevisan, G; Benemei, S; Materazzi, S; De Logu, F; De Siena, G; Fusi, C; Fortes Rossato, M; Coppi, E; Marone, IM; Ferreira, J; Geppetti, P; Nassini, R; TRPA1 mediates trigeminal neuropathic pain in mice downstream of monocytes/macrophages and oxidative stress. 139, 1361-77 (2016). IHC, WB, IF, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Yeast 26984186
Kun, J; Perkecz, A; Knie, L; Sétáló, G; Tornóczki, T; Pintér, E; Bán, Á; TRPA1 receptor is upregulated in human oral lichen planus. 23, 189-198 (2017). IHC, WB, IF, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Yeast 27718297
Customer Reviews for TRPA1 Antibody (ARP35205_P050) tested with rat sensory ganglia in Immunohistochemistry
Researcher: Dr. Daniel McCoy, USC
Species + Tissue/Cell type: TRPM8-GFP transgenic mouse trigeminal ganglia
How many ug's of tissue/cell lysate run on the gel: 10ug section of TRPM8-GFP transgenic mouse trigeminal ganglia
Primary antibody dilution: 1:250
Secondary antibody: Goat Anti-Rabbit Alexa-Fluor 594
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:1000
How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
Identifying TRPA1 positive sensory neurons in DRG and TG
How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?
3. This antibody works decently well in mouse TG tissue although background is high and some TRPA1 IR is undoubtedly missed. Future testing using TSA could prove beneficial.
Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
Most likely to confirm identity of neurons to be studied.
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
Sample Description (please include species type and tissue/cell type):
Mouse Trigeminal Ganglia (TG) 10um sections from TRPM8-GFP+ transgenic mouse.
Please explain fixation solution/method used (formalin, periodate-lysine-paraformaldehyde, acetone, etc.)?
4% PFA (see below for details).
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
Primary antibody dilution, incubation time and temperature:
1:1000, 1:500, 1:250 overnight at 4 degrees and 1:250 and 1:100 36 hours at 4 degrees. No differences seen between overnight and 36hours or 1:250 and 1:100. 1:250 Overnight at 4 degrees is most cost effective/efficient.
Secondary antibody used, dilution, incubation time and temperature:
Alexa Fluor 594 goat anti rabbit 1:1000 2 hours room temperature.
From your IHC/ICC images, briefly explain the colors of each stain and counterstain:
Green is GFP fluorescence, red is experimental antibody IR.
Did you use an antigen retrieval method? If so, please explain?
What controls were used in your experiment?
Secondary alone without primary.
Please include your detailed tissue preparation and staining procedure/protocol here:
A TRPM8-GFP mouse was transcardially perfused with 4% PFA for 20 minutes. Trigeminal ganglia (TG) were dissected, post fixed for an additional hour in 4% PFA and dehydrated in 30% sucrose overnight at 4 degrees. The following day the dehydrated tissue was mounted in OCT and flash frozen on dry ice before sectioning on a cryostat (10um thickness) at -20 degrees C. Slides were permeabilized in PBS containing 0.3% Triton X-100 (PBST) for 20 minutes at room temperature, blocked in PBST + 5% normal goat serum for one hour at room temperature, incubated with primary antibody diluted in PBST + 1.0% normal goat serum overnight at 4 degrees (unless otherwise noted), washed 4X in PBST for 5 minutes, incubated in secondary antibody diluted 1:1000 in PBST for 2 hours at room temperature, washed 3X in PBST for 10 minutes, mounted/coverslipped with Prolong-gold antifade reagent and imaged.