- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Transcription factor A, mitochondrial
- Protein Name:
- Transcription factor A, mitochondrial
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- TCF6, MtTF1, mtTFA, TCF6L1, TCF6L2, TCF6L3
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-166965 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The function remains unknown.This gene encodes a mitochondrial transcription factor that is a key activator of mitochondrial transcription as well as a participant in mitochondrial genome replication. Studies in mice have demonstrated that this gene product is required to regulate the mitochondrial genome copy number and is essential for embryonic development. A mouse model for Kearns-Sayre syndrome was produced when expression of this gene was eliminated by targeted disruption in heart and muscle cells.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TFAM.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TFAM.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human TFAM
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 92%; Dog: 83%; Guinea Pig: 75%; Horse: 92%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 75%; Pig: 92%; Rabbit: 83%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-TFAM (ARP31400_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: AKTTELIRRIAQRWRELPDSKKKIYQDAYRAEWQVYKEEISRFKEQLTPS
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- AGTRAP; FBXW11; ARL6IP1; NEDD1; PPP2R1A; GRSF1; UBC; MDM2; SUZ12; EED; PAN2; MYC; FN1; C1QBP; CAND1; COPS5; CUL3; ELAVL1; ICT1; TFB2M; TFB1M; PNP; NRF1;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-TFAM (ARP31400_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP31400 (Previous Catalog # AAPP03075)
- Printable datasheet for anti-TFAM (ARP31400_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Cruzen,M.E., Gene 362, 125-132 (2005)
Shi, X. et al. Paradoxical effect of mitochondrial respiratory chain impairment on insulin signaling and glucose transport in adipose cells. J. Biol. Chem. 283, 30658-67 (2008). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit 18779333
Walters, M. W., Bjork, J. A. & Wallace, K. B. Perfluorooctanoic acid stimulated mitochondrial biogenesis and gene transcription in rats. Toxicology 264, 10-5 (2009). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit 19616056
Miyazaki, T. et al. Intracellular and extracellular ATP coordinately regulate the inverse correlation between osteoclast survival and bone resorption. J. Biol. Chem. 287, 37808-23 (2012). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit 22988253
Kemper, M. F., Zhao, Y., Duckles, S. P. & Krause, D. N. Endogenous ovarian hormones affect mitochondrial efficiency in cerebral endothelium via distinct regulation of PGC-1 isoforms. J. Cereb. Blood Flow Metab. 33, 122-8 (2013). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit 23093066
Lu, W. et al. ZNF143 transcription factor mediates cell survival through upregulation of the GPX1 activity in the mitochondrial respiratory dysfunction. Cell Death Dis. 3, e422 (2012). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit 23152058
Teodoro, J. S. et al. Berberine reverts hepatic mitochondrial dysfunction in high-fat fed rats: a possible role for SirT3 activation. Mitochondrion 13, 637-46 (2013). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit 24041461
Kemper, M. F., Stirone, C., Krause, D. N., Duckles, S. P. & Procaccio, V. Genomic and non-genomic regulation of PGC1 isoforms by estrogen to increase cerebral vascular mitochondrial biogenesis and reactive oxygen species protection. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 723, 322-9 (2014). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit 24275351
Vettor, R. et al. Exercise training boosts eNOS-dependent mitochondrial biogenesis in mouse heart: role in adaptation of glucose metabolism. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 306, E519-28 (2014). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit 24381004
Ogasawara, MA; Liu, J; Pelicano, H; Hammoudi, N; Croce, CM; Keating, MJ; Huang, P; Alterations of mitochondrial biogenesis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells with loss of p53. 31, 33-39 (2016). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit 27650502
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: HepG2, Hep3B and K562 cells
How many ug's of tissue/cell lysate run on the gel:
1: HepG2 cell lysate
2: HepG2 cell lysate
3: Hep3B cell lysate
4: Hep3B cell lysate
5: K562 cell lysate
6: K562 cell lysate
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:1000
1. How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
--Used it for WESTERN BLOT.
2. How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
3. What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you prepare it?
-- Total Cell Lysates prepared by sonication in MSB buffer (Mannitol, Sucrose Buffer) .
4. What applications did you test the antibody in? Please include dilutions of the primary and secondary reagents.
-- Used it for WESTERN BLOT. Dilution for primary antibody (TFAM 1ug/ml) and for secondary antibody 1:1000.
5. What controls were used in your experiment? Please include your positive control.
-- No positive control.
6. For IHC, what antigen retrieval method did you use?
7. How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
-- @ -20 degree Celsius
8. Please provide the protocol for your application procedure. Please be as detailed as possible.
-- Standard SDS-PAGE protocol is used to run the protein samples.
-- Blocking is done in 10% non-fat dry milk
-- Primary antibody was made in 5% BSA and incubated overnight
-- HRP-conjugated secondary antibody is also diluted in 5% BSA and incubated for 1hr
-- ECL substrate is used to develop and film exposure time is 10 sec.
10. How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5? Why?
Very Good, 5. It gave single band with no background at expected size.
11. Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
12. Please explain any problems you had with the antibody and/or experimental results that Aviva can address in the future.
TFAM antibody is OK.
13. Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
14. Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?
15. If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
We will be using it in future experiments.