- Official Gene Full Name:
- TEA domain transcription factor 3
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- DTEF-1, ETFR-1, TEAD-3, TEAD5, TEF5, TEF-5, Transcriptional enhancer factor TEF-5
- Description of Target:
- This gene product is a member of the transcriptional enhancer factor (TEF) family of transcription factors, which contain the TEA/ATTS DNA-binding domain. It is predominantly expressed in the placenta and is involved in the transactivation of the chorionic somatomammotropin-B gene enhancer. Translation of this protein is initiated at a non-AUG (AUA) start codon.
- Protein Name:
- transcriptional enhancer factor TEF-5
- Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Kit Principle:
- The Aviva DNA-Binding ELISA Kit contains components necessary for detection of active transcription factors in eukaryotic nuclear or cell lysates. This particular immunoassay utilizes the qualitative technique of an indirect ELISA. Streptavidin is bound to the immunoassay plate and specific biotinylated double-stranded (dsDNA) oligonucleotides are then added to bind to the streptavidin via a high affinity biotin-streptavidin interaction. After subsequent blocking of extraneous binding sites in each well, the sample containing the target of interest can be added. Primary antibody is added to bind activated transcription factors bound to the dsDNA oligonucleotide, which has been immobilized via the plate-coated streptavidin. A HRP-conjugated secondary antibody specific for rabbit IgGs is added, which allows for specific binding to the Primary Antibody, and consequently colorimetric detection upon addition of the TMB substrate.
For color development, TMB (3, 3’, 5, 5’-Tetramethylbenzidine) is added to each well. After addition of the substrate, a peroxidase catalyzed reaction will produce a blue TMB Diimine product that is proportional to the target concentration in the sample. Color development is quenched by addition of Stop Solution, or 2 N Sulfuric Acid, which turns the solution yellow. The absorbance can then be read by a spectrophotometer at 450 nm and subsequently allowing for determination of the target concentration in the sample.
- Kit Component:
|dsDNA Oligonucleotide Coated Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Strips)Microstrips|
|100X Primary Antibody||100 uL|
|100X Primary Phospho-Antibody||100 uL|
|HRP-Conjugated Anti-Rabbit IgG Antibody||2 x 6 mL|
|Nuclear Lysate Positive Control||Lyophilized|
|Wild-Type Consensus dsDNA Oligonucleotide||20 uL|
|Mutant Consensus dsDNA Oligonucleotide||20 uL|
|10X Wash Buffer||50 mL|
|2X Binding Buffer||12 mL|
|Primary Antibody Diluent||12 mL|
|100X Protease and Phosphatase Inhibitors||100 uL|
|Nuclear Wash Buffer||12 mL|
|Cytoplasmic Extraction Buffer||6 mL|
|Nuclear Extraction Buffer||6 mL|
|Ready-to-Use Substrate||12 mL|
|Stop Solution||12 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TEAD3.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TEAD3.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Product Format:
- 12 x 8-Well Microstrips
- The TEAD3 DNA-Binding ELISA Kit detects endogenous levels of TEAD3 protein.