- Official Gene Full Name:
- taste 2 receptor member 38
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- PTC, PTC bitter taste receptor, T2R38, T2R61, Taste receptor type 2 member 38, Taste receptor type 2 member 61
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a seven-transmembrane G protein-coupled receptor that controls the ability to taste glucosinolates, a family of bitter-tasting compounds found in plants of the Brassica sp. Synthetic compounds phenylthiocarbamide (PTC) and 6-n-propylthiouracil (PROP) have been identified as ligands for this receptor and have been used to test the genetic diversity of this gene. Although several allelic forms of this gene have been identified worldwide, there are two predominant common forms (taster and non-taster) found outside of Africa. These alleles differ at three nucleotide positions resulting in amino acid changes in the protein (A49P, A262V, and V296I) with the amino acid combination PAV identifying the taster variant (and AVI identifying the non-taster variant).
- Protein Name:
- Taste receptor type 2 member 38
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates , Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 0.11 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312 - 20 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 5.1% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 10.2% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology TAS2R38 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH02207) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-Human TAS2R38 antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated TAS2R38 and incubated. The TAS2R38 found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated TAS2R38 for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-Human TAS2R38 antibody. Excess unbound biotinylated TAS2R38 and sample or standard TAS2R38 is washed from the plate. Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated and washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated TAS2R38 captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of TAS2R38 which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-TAS2R38 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|TAS2R38 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X TAS2R38 Biotin Complex||1 x 60 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 89%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TAS2R38.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TAS2R38.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural Human T2R38. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.