- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Scavenger receptor class B member 1
- Swissprot Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- CD36, Cla1, SRBI, Srb1, Cla-1, Hdlq1, SR-B1, SR-BI, Cd36l1, Hlb398, mSR-BI, AI120173, D5Ertd460e
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-32342 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Scavenger receptor class B member 1 (SRB1), also known as SR-BI, is a protein that in humans is encoded by the SCARB1 gene. SR-BI functions as a receptor for high-density lipoprotein. Scavenger receptor class B, type I (SR-BI) is an integral membrane protein found in numerous cell types/tissues, including the liver and adrenal. It is best known for its role in facilitating the uptake of cholesteryl esters from high-density lipoproteins in the liver. This process drives the movement of cholesterol from peripheral tissues towards the liver for excretion. This movement of cholesterol is known as reverse cholesterol transport and is a protective mechanism against the development of atherosclerosis, which is the principal cause of heart disease and stroke. SR-BI has also been identified in the livers of non-mammalian species (turtle, goldfish, shark, chicken, frog, and skate), suggesting it emerged early in vertebrate evolutionary history. The turtle also seems to upregulate SB-RI during egg development, indicating that cholesterol efflux may be at peak levels during developmental stages.
- Immunogen affinity purified.
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express SCARB1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express SCARB1.
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the C-terminus of mouse SCARB1 (478-509aa KKGSQDKEAIQAYSESLMSPAAKGTVLQEAKL), different from the related rat sequence by one amino acid.
- Species Reactivity:
- Mouse, Rat
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: KKGSQDKEAIQAYSESLMSPAAKGTVLQEAKL
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized. Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg NaN3.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 0.2 ml of distilled water will yield a concentration of 500 ug/ml. +4C
- Printable datasheet for anti-SCARB1 (OABB01985) antibody
- Application Info:
- Tested Species: In-house tested species with positive results.
Other applications have not been tested.
Optimal dilutions should be determined by end users.
- Target Reference:
- 1. "Entrez Gene: SCARB1 Scavenger receptor class B, member 1".
2. Acton S, Rigotti A, Landschulz KT, Xu S, Hobbs HH, Krieger M (January 1996). "Identification of scavenger receptor SR-BI as a high density lipoprotein receptor".Science 271 (5248): 518–20.
3. Duggan AE, Marie RS, Callard IP (April 2002). "Expression of SR-BI (Scavenger Receptor Class B Type I) in turtle (Chrysemys picta) tissues and other nonmammalian vertebrates". J. Exp. Zool.292 (5): 430–4.
- Tips Information:
Ask a Question