- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- MGC131603, MGC43611, p160ROCK, P160ROCK, p160 ROCK-1, PRO0435, Renal carcinoma antigen NY-REN-35, Rho-associated, coiled-coil-containing protein kinase 1, Rho-associated protein kinase 1
- Description of Target:
- Protein kinase which is a key regulator of actin cytoskeleton and cell polarity. Involved in regulation of smooth muscle contraction, actin cytoskeleton organization, stress fiber and focal adhesion formation, neurite retraction, cell adhesion and motility via phosphorylation of DAPK3, GFAP, LIMK1, LIMK2, MYL9/MLC2, PFN1 and PPP1R12A. Phosphorylates FHOD1 and acts synergistically with it to promote SRC-dependent non-apoptotic plasma membrane blebbing. Phosphorylates JIP3 and regulates the recruitment of JNK to JIP3 upon UVB-induced stress. Acts as a suppressor of inflammatory cell migration by regulating PTEN phosphorylation and stability. Acts as a negative regulator of VEGF-induced angiogenic endothelial cell activation. Required for centrosome positioning and centrosome-dependent exit from mitosis. Plays a role in terminal erythroid differentiation. May regulate closure of the eyelids and ventral body wall by inducing the assembly of actomyosin bundles. Promotes keratinocyte terminal differentiation. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process, essential for osteoblast mineralization.1
- Protein Name:
- Rho-associated protein kinase 1
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma and other biological fluids
- 0.625 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.625-40 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Three samples concentrations were measured in replicate within an assay plate and across replicate assays to assess Mean Intra- and Mean Inter-Assay Precision.
Mean Intra-Assay Precision - <= 7.1% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-Assay Precision - <= 8.4% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology ROCK1 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH06554) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for ROCK1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for ROCK1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample ROCK1 captured in the well.
- Kit Component:
|H3F3C Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|H3F3C Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated H3F3C Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into Serum and Plasma = 91%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ROCK1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ROCK1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.