- Official Gene Full Name:
- ras homolog family member C
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- ARH9, ARHC, h9, H9, MGC1448, MGC61427, RhoC, Rho cDNA clone 9, RHOH9, Rho-related GTP-binding protein RhoC
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a member of the Rho family of small GTPases, which cycle between inactive GDP-bound and active GTP-bound states and function as molecular switches in signal transduction cascades. Rho proteins promote reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and regulate cell shape, attachment, and motility. The protein encoded by this gene is prenylated at its C-terminus, and localizes to the cytoplasm and plasma membrane. It is thought to be important in cell locomotion. Overexpression of this gene is associated with tumor cell proliferation and metastasis. Multiple alternatively spliced variants, encoding the same protein, have been identified.
- Protein Name:
- Rho-related GTP-binding protein RhoC
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates , Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 0.12 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312 - 20 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 5.8% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 8.3% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology RHOC ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH02126) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for RHOC has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for RHOC is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample RHOC captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|RHOC Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|RHOC Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X AKR1B10-Biotin Complex||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 109%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express RHOC.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express RHOC.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural human Rho-related GTP-binding protein RhoC. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.