- Official Gene Full Name:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- FLJ00245, GLBA, MGC110993, Proactivator polypeptide, SAP1
- Description of Target:
- Saposin-A and saposin-C stimulate the hydrolysis of glucosylceramide by beta-glucosylceramidase (EC 22.214.171.124) and galactosylceramide by beta-galactosylceramidase (EC 126.96.36.199). Saposin-C apparently acts by combining with the enzyme and acidic lipid to form an activated complex, rather than by solubilizing the substrate. Saposin-B stimulates the hydrolysis of galacto-cerebroside sulfate by arylsulfatase A (EC 188.8.131.52), GM1 gangliosides by beta-galactosidase (EC 184.108.40.206) and globotriaosylceramide by alpha-galactosidase A (EC 220.127.116.11). Saposin-B forms a solubilizing complex with the substrates of the sphingolipid hydrolases. Saposin-D is a specific sphingomyelin phosphodiesterase activator (EC 18.104.22.168). Prosaposin: Behaves as a myelinotrophic and neurotrophic factor, these effects are mediated by its G-protein-coupled receptors, GPR37 and GPR37L1, undergoing ligand-mediated internalization followed by ERK phosphorylation signaling.
- Protein Name:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates, cell lysates, cerebrospinal fluid, seminal plasma, cell culture cell supernatant and other biological fluids
- 0.067 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.156-10 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level PSAP was tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level PSAP was tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10% (n=20)
Inter-Assay CV: <12% (n=24)
- Kit Duration:
- 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology PSAP ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD02827) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for PSAP has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wellss, incubated and removed.A biotinylated detector antibody specific for PSAP is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away.An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidicstop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample PSAP captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-PSAP Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|PSAP Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated PSAP Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
- Kit Linearity:
|EDTA Plasma (n=5)||97-105%||92-99%||90-99%||97-105%|
|Heparin Plasma (n=5)||87-99%||78-99%||80-98%||92-99%|
- Kit Recovery:
|Matrix||Recovery range (%)||Average(%)|
|EDTA Plasma (n=5)||98-105||102|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PSAP.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PSAP.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Prosaposin (PSAP).
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Prosaposin (PSAP) and analogues was observed.