- Official Gene Full Name:
- Protein kinase cAMP-activated catalytic subunit alpha
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- cAMP-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit alpha, Cs-PKA, PKA C-alpha, PKCA1
- Description of Target:
- Active catalytic subunit of protein kinase A; phosphorylates and activates transcription factors in response to elevated levels of cAMP; mediates phosphorylation and regulation of enzyme substrates involved in intermediary metabolism
- Protein Name:
- CAMP-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit alpha
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates and Other biological fluids.
- < 0.15 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312 - 20 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-Assay CV: < 10%
Mean Inter-Assay CV: < 12%
- Kit Duration:
- ~3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Prkaca ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH04738) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Prkaca has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Prkaca is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Prkaca captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Prkaca Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Prkaca Biotinylated Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|HRP Avidin Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PRKACA.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PRKACA.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for OKEH04738
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2 - 8C. Do not use the kit beyond the expiration date.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural rat PKA C-alpha. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.