- Official Gene Full Name:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- AW553870, Periplakin
- Description of Target:
- Component of the cornified envelope of keratinocytes. May link the cornified envelope to desmosomes and intermediate filaments. May act as a localization signal in PKB/AKT-mediated signaling.
- Protein Name:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates, cell lysates and other biological fluids.
- < 14.0 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 31.25-2,000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level Ppl were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level Ppl were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10%
Inter-Assay CV: <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Ppl ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKCD00775) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Ppl has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Ppl is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Pplcaptured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Ppl Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|Ppl Lyophilized Standard||2 x 2 ng|
|100X Biotinylated Ppl Detector Antibody||120 uL|
|Avidin/HRP Conjugate||120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
- Kit Linearity:
|Sample||1:2 Dilution||1:4 Dilution||1:8 Dilution||1:16 Dilution|
- Kit Recovery:
|Matrix||Recovery Range (%)||Average (%)|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PPL.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PPL.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Periplakin (PPL).
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Periplakin (PPL) and analogues was observed.