- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- proliferating cell nuclear antigen
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-170834 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is found in the nucleus and is a cofactor of DNA polymerase delta. The encoded protein acts as a homotrimer and helps increase the processivity of leading strand synthesis during DNA replication. In response to DNA damage, this protein is ubiquitinated and is involved in the RAD6-dependent DNA repair pathway. Two transcript variants encoding the same protein have been found for this gene. Pseudogenes of this gene have been described on chromosome 4 and on the X chromosome.
- Molecular Weight:
- 29 kDa
- WB, ICC, IP, IHC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PCNA.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PCNA.
- Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human, Mouse
- Product Format:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2-8C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-PCNA (OAAB21582) antibody
- 0.02% Sodium Azide and 50% glycerol
- Purified mouse monoclonal in PBS (pH 7.4) containing with 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- Additional Information:
- Function: Auxiliary protein of DNA polymerase delta and is involved in the control of eukaryotic DNA replication by increasing the polymerase's processibility during elongation of the leading strand. Induces a robust stimulatory effect on the 3'- 5' exonuclease and 3'-phosphodiesterase, but not apurinic- apyrimidinic (AP) endonuclease, APEX2 activities. Has to be loaded onto DNA in order to be able to stimulate APEX2. Plays a key role in DNA damage response (DDR) by being conveniently positioned at the replication fork to coordinate DNA replication with DNA repair and DNA damage tolerance pathways. Acts as a loading platform to recruit DDR proteins that allow completion of DNA replication after DNA damage and promote postreplication repair: Monoubiquitinated PCNA leads to recruitment of translesion (TLS) polymerases, while 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination of PCNA is involved in error-free pathway and employs recombination mechanisms to synthesize across the lesion.
- Target Reference:
- Almendral J.M.,et al.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 84:1575-1579(1987).
Travali S.,et al.J. Biol. Chem. 264:7466-7472(1989).
Ota T.,et al.Nat. Genet. 36:40-45(2004).
Deloukas P.,et al.Nature 414:865-871(2001).
Mural R.J.,et al.Submitted (SEP-2005) to the EMBL/GenBank/DDBJ databases.
- Tips Information:
Ask a Question