- Official Gene Full Name:
- palladin, cytoskeletal associated protein
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- CGI151, CGI-151, FLJ22190, FLJ38193, FLJ39139, FLJ61376, KIAA0992, MYN, Palladin, PNCA1, Sarcoma antigen NY-SAR-77, SIH002
- Description of Target:
- Cytoskeletal protein required for organization of normal actin cytoskeleton. Roles in establishing cell morphology, motility, cell adhesion and cell-extracellular matrix interactions in a variety of cell types. May function as a scaffolding molecule with the potential to influence both actin polymerization and the assembly of existing actin filaments into higher-order arrays. Binds to proteins that bind to either monomeric or filamentous actin. Localizes at sites where active actin remodeling takes place, such as lamellipodia and membrane ruffles. Different isoforms may have functional differences. Involved in the control of morphological and cytoskeletal changes associated with dendritic cell maturation. Involved in targeting ACTN to specific subcellular foci.3 Publications
<p>Manually curated information for which there is published experimental evidence.</p>
<p><a href="/manual/evidences#ECO:0000269">Moreâ€¦</a></p> Manual assertion based on experiment iniRef.10"Characterization of human palladin, a microfilament-associated protein."_x005F_x000D_
Mykkaenen O.-M., Groenholm M., Roenty M., Lalowski M., Salmikangas P., Suila H., Carpen O._x005F_x000D_
Mol. Biol. Cell 12:3060-3073(2001) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: FUNCTION, INTERACTION WITH EZR, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION, TISSUE SPECIFICITY.Ref.11"Molecular analysis of the interaction between palladin and alpha-actinin."_x005F_x000D_
Roenty M., Taivainen A., Moza M., Otey C.A., Carpen O._x005F_x000D_
FEBS Lett. 566:30-34(2004) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: FUNCTION, INTERACTION WITH ACTN.Ref.18"Palladin interacts with SH3 domains of SPIN90 and Src and is required for Src-induced cytoskeletal remodeling."_x005F_x000D_
Ronty M., Taivainen A., Heiska L., Otey C., Ehler E., Song W.K., Carpen O._x005F_x000D_
Exp. Cell Res. 313:2575-2585(2007) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: FUNCTION, INTERACTION WITH AND SRC, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION, PHOSPHORYLATION.
- Protein Name:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates and other biological fluids.
- < 0.051 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.156-10 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level PALLD were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level PALLD were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10%
Inter-Assay CV: <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology PALLD ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD00284) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for PALLD has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for PALLD is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample PALLDcaptured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-PALLD Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|PALLD Lyophilized Standard||2 x 10 ng|
|100X Biotinylated PALLD Detector Antibody||120 uL|
|Avidin/HRP Conjugate||120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PALLD.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PALLD.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for OKCD00284
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2 - 8C. Do not use the kit beyond the expiration date.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Palladin (PALLD).
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Palladin (PALLD) and analogues was observed.