- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 11b
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- OPG, Osteoprotegerin, TNFRSF11B, Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 11B
- Description of Target:
- Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is identical to osteoclastogenesis inhibitory factor (OCIF), a soluble member of the tumor-necrosis factor receptor family that inhibits osteoclastogenesis.1 OPG is considered to play an important role in the regulation of bone resorption by modifying osteoclast differentiation.2 Osteoprotegerin is an independent risk factor for the progression of atherosclerosis and onset of cardiovascular disease.3 It can act as a soluble factor in the regulation of bone mass and imply a utility for OPG in the treatment of osteoporosis associated with increased osteoclast activity.4 OPG system may play a critical role in the development of osteolytic bone disease in multiple myeloma and that targeting this system may have therapeutic potential.5 OPG also plays a role in the vascular system.6 The standard product used in this kit is recombinant OPG, a 55KDa glycoprotein.
- Protein Name:
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 11B
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- cell culture supernates, serum, plasma(heparin, EDTA), saliva and urine
- < 5 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 93.8 pg/mL-6,000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
Intra-Assay Precision Inter-Assay Precision Sample 1 2 3 1 2 3 Mean (pg/mL) 843 2186 3627 924 2570 4085 St. Dev. 40.5 111.5 214 60.06 179.9 310.46 %CV 4.80 5.10 5.90 6.5 7 7.6
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology OPG ELISA Kit (Human) (OKBB00235) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immune-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for OPG has been pre-coated onto 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards (NSO, E22-L401) and test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for OPG is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is visualized through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Human OPG captured in well.
- Kit Component:
Component Amount Lyophilized recombinant human OPG standard 10 ng/tube x 2 Anti-human OPG Antibody Well Plate 96 Wells Sample diluent buffer 30 mL Biotinylated anti- human OPG antibody 130 uL, dilution 1:100 Antibody diluent buffer 12 mL Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 130 uL, dilution 1:100 ABC diluent buffer 12 mL TMB color developing agent 10 mL TMB stop solution 10 mL
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express OPG.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express OPG.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Yasuda, H.; Shima, N.; Nakagawa, N.; Mochizuki, S. I.; Yano, K.; Fujise, N.; Sato, Y.; Goto, M.; Yamaguchi, K.;
Kuriyama, M.; Kanno, T.; Murakami, A.; Tsuda, E.; Morinaga, T.; Higashio, K. Identity of osteoclastogenesis
inhibitory factor (OCIF) and osteoprotegerin (OPG): a mechanism by which OPG/OCIF inhibits osteoclastogenesis in
vitro. Endocrinology 139: 1329-1337, 1998.
2. Ohmori, H.; Makita, Y.; Funamizu, M.; Hirooka, K.; Hosoi, T.; Orimo, H.; Suzuki, T.; Ikari, K.; Nakajima, T.; Inoue, I.;
Hata, A. Linkage and association analyses of the osteoprotegerin gene locus with human osteoporosis. J. Hum.
Genet. 47: 400-406, 2002.
3. Kiechl, S.; Schett, G.; Wenning, G.; Redlich, K.; Oberhollenzer, M.; Mayr, A.; Santer, P.; Smolen, J.; Poewe, W.;
Willeit, J. Osteoprotegerin is a risk factor for progressive atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease. Circulation
109: 2175-2180, 2004.
4. Simonet, W. S.; Lacey, D. L.; Dunstan, C. R.; Kelley, M.; Chang, M.-S.; Luthy, R.; Nguyen, H. Q.; Wooden, S.;
Bennett, L.; Boone, T.; Shimamoto, G.; DeRose, M.; and 19 others. Osteoprotegerin: a novel secreted protein
involved in the regulation of bone density. Cell 89: 309-319, 1997.
5. Croucher, P. I.; Shipman, C. M.; Lippitt, J.; Perry, M.; Asosingh, K.; Hijzen, A.; Brabbs, A. C.; van Beek, E. J. R.;
Holen, I.; Skerry, T. M.; Dunstan, C. R.; Russell, G. R.; Van Camp, B.; Vanderkerken, K. Osteoprotegerin inhibits the development of osteolytic bone disease in multiple myeloma. Blood 98: 3534-3540, 2001.
6. Brandstrom, H.; Stiger, F.; Lind, L.; Kahan, T.; Melhus, H.; Kindmark, A. A single nucleotide polymorphism in the promoter region of the human gene for osteoprotegerin is related to vascular morphology and function. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 293: 13-17, 2002.
- Natural and recombinant human OPG. No detectable cross-reactivity with other relevant proteins.
- Additional Information:
- Range: 93.8pg/ml-6000pg/ml
- Notes: 1. To inspect the validity of experiment operation and the appropriateness of sample dilution proportion, pilot
experiment using standards and a small number of samples is recommended.
2. The TMB Color Developing agent is colorless and transparent before using, contact us freely if it is not the case.
3. Before using the Kit, spin tubes and bring down all components to the bottom of tubes.
4. Duplicate well assay is recommended for both standard and sample testing.
5. Don’t let 96-well plate dry, for dry plate will inactivate active components on plate.
6. Don’t reuse tips and tubes to avoid cross contamination.
7. To avoid to use the reagents from different batches together.
8. In order to avoid marginal effect of plate incubation due to temperature difference ( reaction may be stronger in the
marginal wells), it is suggested that the diluted ABC and TMB solution will be pre-warmed in 37C for 30 min before
- Tips Information:
Ask a Question