- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Neurotrophic tyrosine kinase, receptor, type 2
- Protein Name:
- BDNF/NT-3 growth factors receptor
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- GP145-TrkB, TRKB, trk-B
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-113925 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a member of the neurotrophic tyrosine receptor kinase (NTRK) family. This kinase is a membrane-bound receptor that, upon neurotrophin binding, phosphorylates itself and members of the MAPK pathway. Signalling through this kinase leads to cell differentiation. Mutations in this gene have been associated with obesity and mood disorders.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IF, WB, IHC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express NTRK2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express NTRK2.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human NTRK2
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Horse, Human, Rabbit, Rat
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 88%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-NTRK2 (ARP51316_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: DFSWFGFGKVKSRQGVGPASVISNDDDSASPLHHISNGSNTPSSSEGGPD
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- TNK2; RANBP9; POLR2G; HSP90AA1; AP1B1; NMNAT1; UBC; NTF4; Nedd4; SHC2; KIDINS220; DOK5; SH2B2; SH2B1; SHC3; RASGRF1; UBB; FRS3; GIPC1; NCK2; DYNLL1; SQSTM1; SHC1; NCK1; NTRK2; PTPN1; PTPN11; PLCG1; NTF3; NGFR; FYN; BDNF; TRAF6; PIK3R1; FRS2;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-NTRK2 (ARP51316_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP51316 (Previous Catalog # AAPP46572)
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-NTRK2 (ARP51316_P050) antibody
Customer Reviews for NTRK2 Antibody (ARP51316_P050) tested with mouse brain slices in Immunohistochemistry
Kevin Jones PhD
Children's Research Institute
Male mouse (P42) was anesthetized with isoflurane until they became non-responsive to tail pinch. Animal's thoracic cavity opened and it was transcardially perfused with 10 mL of ice cold PBS, then 10 mL of Ice cold 4 % PFA solution. Brain was removed and fixed overnight in 4% PFA. Next morning brain was rinsed 3X in PBS. Brain was immersed in agar and sliced at a thickness of 50uM.
Brain slices were incubated overnight in a solution of PBST (0.2%) + 10% Normal GOAT serum + a monoclonal mouse anti-Parvalbumin antibody (1:2000)+
Rabbit anti-TrkB (Aviva ARP51316; 1:1000) and gently shaken overnight at 4 C.
Samples were washed 6x in PBS (10 min each at RT) and exposed to the following secondary antibodies o/n at 4 C: PBST (0.3%) + 10% normal goat serum + anti-mouse Alexa 555 (1:1000) + Anti-rabbit Alexa 488 (1:1000) for two hours. Samples were washed 6x in PBST mounted. Images acquired with a confocal microscope at 40X.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this NTRK2 antibody (ARP51316_P050)
Click here to view the NTRK2 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: NTRK2 antibody (ARP51316_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-NTRK2 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:1562500
Positive Control: Fetal Heart
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: This gene encodes a member of the neurotrophic tyrosine receptor kinase (NTRK) family. This kinase is a membrane-bound receptor that, upon neurotrophin binding, phosphorylates itself and members of the MAPK pathway. Signalling through this kinase leads to cell differentiation. Mutations in this gene have been associated with obesity and mood disorders.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s NTRK2 antibody (ARP51316_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org