- Official Gene Full Name:
- N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor, vesicle fusing ATPase
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- NEM-sensitive fusion protein, N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive fusion protein, SKD2, Vesicle-fusing ATPase, Vesicular-fusion protein NSF
- Description of Target:
- Required for vesicle-mediated transport. Catalyzes the fusion of transport vesicles within the Golgi cisternae. Is also required for transport from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi stack. Seems to function as a fusion protein required for the delivery of cargo proteins to all compartments of the Golgi stack independent of vesicle origin. Interaction with AMPAR subunit GRIA2 leads to influence GRIA2 membrane cycling (By similarity).By similarity
- Protein Name:
- vesicle-fusing ATPase
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates, cell lysates and other biological fluids
- < 0.117 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312-20 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level NSF were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level NSF were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10%
Inter-Assay CV: <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology NSF ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD00877) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for NSF has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for NSF is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample NSFcaptured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-NSF Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|NSF Lyophilized Standard||2 x 20 ng|
|100X Biotinylated NSF Detector Antibody||120 uL|
|Avidin/HRP Conjugate||120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express NSF.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express NSF.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for OKCD00877
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2 - 8C. Do not use the kit beyond the expiration date.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of N-Ethylmaleimide Sensitive Factor (NSF).
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between N-Ethylmaleimide Sensitive Factor (NSF) and analogues was observed.