- Official Gene Full Name:
- natriuretic peptide receptor 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- ANPa, ANP-A, ANPRA, ANPR-A, Atrial natriuretic peptide receptor 1, Atrial natriuretic peptide receptor type A, GC-A, Guanylate cyclase A, GUC2A, GUCY2A, NPRA, NPR-A
- Description of Target:
- Guanylyl cyclases, catalyzing the production of cGMP from GTP, are classified as soluble and membrane forms (Garbers and Lowe, 1994 [PubMed 7982997]). The membrane guanylyl cyclases, often termed guanylyl cyclases A through F, form a family of cell-surface receptors with a similar topographic structure: an extracellular ligand-binding domain, a single membrane-spanning domain, and an intracellular region that contains a protein kinase-like domain and a cyclase catalytic domain. GC-A and GC-B function as receptors for natriuretic peptides; they are also referred to as atrial natriuretic peptide receptor A (NPR1) and type B (NPR2; MIM 108961). Also see NPR3 (MIM 108962), which encodes a protein with only the ligand-binding transmembrane and 37-amino acid cytoplasmic domains. NPR1 is a membrane-bound guanylate cyclase that serves as the receptor for both atrial and brain natriuretic peptides (ANP (MIM 108780) and BNP (MIM 600295), respectively).
- Protein Name:
- Atrial natriuretic peptide receptor 1
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- < 0.15 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312 - 20 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 4.7% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 7.9% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology NPR1 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH01512) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for NPR1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for NPR1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample NPR1 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|NPR1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|NPR1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated NPR1 Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 93%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express NPR1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express NPR1.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for OKEH01512
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2 - 8C. Do not use the kit beyond the expiration date.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural human ANPRA. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.