- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- nuclear factor kappa B subunit 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- DNA-binding factor KBF2, H2TF1, Lymphocyte translocation chromosome 10 protein, Lyt10, LYT10, LYT-10, Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p100 subunit, Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 2, Oncogene Lyt-10, p52
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a subunit of the transcription factor complex nuclear factor-kappa-B (NFkB). The NFkB complex is expressed in numerous cell types and functions as a central activator of genes involved in inflammation and immune function. The protein encoded by this gene can function as both a transcriptional activator or repressor depending on its dimerization partner. The p100 full-length protein is co-translationally processed into a p52 active form. Chromosomal rearrangements and translocations of this locus have been observed in B cell lymphomas, some of which may result in the formation of fusion proteins. There is a pseudogene for this gene on chromosome 18. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants.
- Protein Name:
- nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p100 subunit
- Swissprot Id:
- Species Reactivity:
- Kit Principle:
- The Aviva DNA-Binding ELISA Kit contains components necessary for detection of active transcription factors in eukaryotic nuclear or cell lysates. This particular immunoassay utilizes the qualitative technique of an indirect ELISA. Streptavidin is bound to the immunoassay plate and specific biotinylated double-stranded (dsDNA) oligonucleotides are then added to bind to the streptavidin via a high affinity biotin-streptavidin interaction. After subsequent blocking of extraneous binding sites in each well, the sample containing the target of interest can be added. Primary antibody is added to bind activated transcription factors bound to the dsDNA oligonucleotide, which has been immobilized via the plate-coated streptavidin. A HRP-conjugated secondary antibody specific for rabbit IgGs is added, which allows for specific binding to the Primary Antibody, and consequently colorimetric detection upon addition of the TMB substrate.
For color development, TMB(3, 3’, 5, 5’-Tetramethylbenzidine) is added to each well. After addition of the substrate, a peroxidase catalyzed reaction will produce a blue TMB Diimine product that is proportional to the target concentration in the sample. Color development is quenched by addition of Stop Solution, or2N Sulfuric Acid, which turns the solution yellow. The absorbance can then be read by a spectrophotometer at 450nm and subsequently allowing for determination of the target concentration in the sample.
- Kit Component:
Components Amount dsDNA Oligonucleotide Coated Microplate 96 Wells (12 x 8 Strips)Microstrips 100X Primary Antibody 100 uL 100X Primary Phospho-Antibody 100 uL HRP-Conjugated Anti-Rabbit IgG Antibody 2 x 6 mL Nuclear Lysate Positive Control Lyophilized Wild-Type Consensus dsDNA Oligonucleotide 20 uL Mutant Consensus dsDNA Oligonucleotide 20 uL 10X Wash Buffer 50 mL 2X Binding Buffer 12 mL Primary Antibody Diluent 12 mL 100X Protease and Phosphatase Inhibitors 100 uL Nuclear Wash Buffer 12 mL Cytoplasmic Extraction Buffer 6 mL Nuclear Extraction Buffer 6 mL Ready-to-Use Substrate 12 mL Stop Solution 12 mL
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express NFKB2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express NFKB2.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- 4C/6 Months
- Product Format:
- 12 x 8-Well Microstrips
- The NF-kappaB p100/p52 DNA-Binding ELISA Kit detects endogenous levels of total NF-kappaB p100/p52 protein.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Type: Qualitative DNA Binding ELISA
- OMIM: 164012
- Note: The product is for research use only, not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Tips Information:
Ask a Question