- Alias Symbols:
- Description of Target:
- The mycoplasms belong to the class Mollicutes comprising three distinct families and four genera, one of which is Mycoplasma with over 60 species. Mycoplasmae are the smallest freeliving organisms known (300 to 500 nm in diameter) and unlike regular bacteria they lack a cell wall. Mycoplasms are extracellular parasites, especially on mucous membranes, which can cause infections in humans, animals, plants, and cell cultures. Mycoplasma pneumoniae is primarily a respiratory pathogen (obligat) in humans involving the nasopharynx, throat, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, and alveoli. Other Mycoplasmae, M. buccale, M. faucium, M. orale and M. salivarium are commensals in the oral cavity. Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum inhabit primarily the genital tract and may act as opportunistic invaders. M. pneumoniae is by far the most important pathogen of this group. Infection with M. pneumoniae occurs worldwide, its epidemiology has been studied primarily in the USA, Europe, and Japan. Infections are endemic in larger urban areas, and epidemic increases are observed at varying intervalls. Mycoplasma pneumoniae has been estimated to cause15-20% of all pneumoniae; the rate is highest in children and young adults. 74% of infections with M. pneumoniae are asymptomatic, reinfection may occur. Naturally acquired immunity to infection with M. pneumoniae appears to be of limited duration (2-3 years).
- Protein Name:
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity is determined as the probability of the assay indicating a positive score in samples with the specific analyte present: 0.944
- Kit Reproducibility:
|Inter-Assay ||Positive Serum||12||13.3||0.078|
- Kit Duration:
- ~3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM ELISA Kit (Human) (OKNX00162) is based on standard reverse capture sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. Mycoplasma pneumoniae antigen has been pre-coated and blocked in a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and washed. An HRP conjugated detector antibody specific for Human IgM is added, incubated and followed by washing. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is qualitatively proportional to the amount of sample anti-Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM captured the in well.
- Kit Component:
|Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM Well Plate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|IgM Sample Diluent||1 x 100 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 15 mL|
|20X Wash Solution||1 x 50 mL|
|Anti-IgM HRP Conjugate||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 15 mL|
|Mycoplasma pneumoniae Positive Control||1 x 2 mL|
|Mycoplasma pneumoniae Cut-Off Control||1 x 3 mL|
|Mycoplasma pneumoniae Negative Control||1 x 2 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Specificity is determined as the probability of the assay indicating a negative score in samples absent of the specific analyte: > 95%