- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Matrix metallopeptidase 2 (gelatinase A, 72kDa gelatinase, 72kDa type IV collagenase)
- Protein Name:
- 72 kDa type IV collagenase
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- CLG4, MONA, CLG4A, TBE-1, MMP-II
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-10736, HPA001939
- Description of Target:
- MMP-2 is involved in the cleavage of gelatin type I and collagen types IV, V, VII, X.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein A purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MMP2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MMP2.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human MMP2
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 93%; Rat: 100%; Sheep: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-MMP2 (AVARP20016_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: AWNAIPDNLDAVVDLQGGGHSYFFKGAYYLKLENQSLKSVKFGSIKSDWL
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- HSP90AA1; CAND1; ITGB1; ITGAV; USP12; OSBPL10; SPOCK1; BACE1; PZP; MMP25; CLDN1; KISS1; MMP17; TIMP4; EPHB2; CXCL12; MMP14; BCAN; LCN2; TIMP1; TGFB1; TIMP3; TIMP2; THBS2; THBS1; CCL7; ACAN; LGALS3; IL1B; IGFBP3; FGFR1; DCN; COL18A1; COL6A3; COL1A1; COL7A1
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-MMP2 (AVARP20016_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP30579 (Previous Catalog # AAPP01231)
- Printable datasheet for anti-MMP2 (AVARP20016_T100) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Collier, I.E., et al., (1988) J. Biol. Chem. 263:6579-6587.
Puttabyatappa, M; Irwin, A; Martin, JD; Mesquitta, M; Veiga-Lopez, A; Padmanabhan, V; Developmental Programming: Gestational Exposure to Excess Testosterone Alters Expression of Ovarian Matrix Metalloproteases and Their Target Proteins. 1933719117697127 (2017). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep 28299992
Customer Reviews for MMP2 Antibody (AVARP20016_T100) tested with human ovarian carcinoma in Immunohistochemistry
Antibodies were tested in the range of 2- 20 ug/mL on formaldehyde fixed rat and mouse tissues that were cut into 15 micron thick sections on the cryostat. Incubation with primary antibodies was done overnight at 4°C.
Tissue sections then were washed in PBS (pH7.4) 3 times 15 minutes each and then incubated for 1 hour at room temperature with fluorescent secondary antibodies (e.g. anti-rabbit Cy3, anti-rabbit Cy2) diluted according to manufacturer's recommendation.
After that section were washed with PBS (pH7.4) 3 times 15 minutes each and then mounted under coverslips using anti-fade mounting media with or without nuclear counterstain (e.g. DAPI).
Each experiment was repeated twice.
Product Protocol: MMP2 Antibody (AVARP20016_T100) in Human Urinary Bladder Tissue using Immunohistochemistry
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this MMP2 antibody.
Product Datasheet Link: MMP2 antibody AVARP20016_T100
Rabbit Anti-MMP2 Antibody
Catalog Number: AVARP20016_T100
Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded Tissue: Human Urinary Bladder Tissue
Observed Staining: Cytoplasm
Primary Antibody Concentration: 1:100
Other Working Concentrations: N/A
Secondary Antibody: Donkey anti-Rabbit-Cy3
Secondary Antibody Concentration: 1:200
Exposure Time: 0.5 - 2.0 sec
Left to right:
DAPI, MMP2 Ab, Merge
Control Antibody: Normal Rabbit IgG
Control Antibody Concentration: 1:100
Left to right:
DAPI, Rabbit IgG, Merge
1. Normal adult human urinary bladder tissue was formalin fixed, embedded in paraffin wax, sectioned at 6 micron thickness and put on histological slides.
2. After deparaffinization and rehydration, the low pH, heat-induced antigen retrieval method utilizing Sodium Citrate buffer was performed.
3. The blocking buffer was 5% normal goat serum.
4. Primary antibodies was diluted in antibody dilution buffer (1% Normal Donkey Serum) to the final testing dilution (1:100, 1:600, 1:1200).
5. The appropriate anti-rabbit fluorescent-conjugated (Rhodamine:red or FITC:green) secondary antibody was applied and nuclei will be counterstained with DAPI (blue).
6. A Negative control utilized a nonspecific rabbit IgG staining the same normal adult human urinary bladder tissue.
Researcher: Katarzyna Augoff, University of Wroclaw
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Lane 1: 15ug MDA-MB-231 lysate Lane 2: 15ug MCF7 lysate cancer cell line
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit-HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:10,000
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||4|
|Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:||WB Samples: cell lysate (Protein 15 ug/well)
Primary antibody: DPP4, 1:100 in PBS-T(overnight 4 degree C)
Secondary antibody: Donkey anti-rabbit IgG-HRP, 1:10 000 in 1% milk in PBS-T - 1h /RT