- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Hepatocyte growth factor receptor
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- MET, Hepatocyte growth factor receptor, HGF/SF receptor, Proto-oncogene c-Met, Scatter factor receptor, Tyrosine-protein kinase Met
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-10 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Purified Mouse Monoclonal Antibody (Mab)
- Molecular Weight:
- 155541 Da
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MET.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MET.
- Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human; Mouse
- Product Format:
- Purified monoclonal antibody supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide. This antibody is purified through a protein G column, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Maintain refrigerated at 2-8C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Approximately 0.5mg/ml. Actual concentration varies with each lot.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- This monoclonal antibody is generated from mice immunized with purified recombinant protein encoding the catalytic domain of human Met.
- Application Info:
- WB 1:100 - 500
- Additional Information:
- Precautions: MET/HGFR Antibody is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Function: Receptor tyrosine kinase that transduces signals from the extracellular matrix into the cytoplasm by binding to hepatocyte growth factor/HGF ligand. Regulates many physiological processes including proliferation, scattering, morphogenesis and survival. Ligand binding at the cell surface induces autophosphorylation of MET on its intracellular domain that provides docking sites for downstream signaling molecules Following activation by ligand, interacts with the PI3-kinase subunit PIK3R1, PLCG1, SRC, GRB2, STAT3 or the adapter GAB1 Recruitment of these downstream effectors by MET leads to the activation of several signaling cascades including the RAS-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, or PLCgamma-PKC. The RAS-ERK activation is associated with the morphogenetic effects while PI3K/AKT coordinates prosurvival effects. During embryonic development, MET signaling plays a role in gastrulation, development and migration of muscles and neuronal precursors, angiogenesis and kidney formation. In adults, participates in wound healing as well as organ regeneration and tissue remodeling. Promotes also differentiation and proliferation of hematopoietic cells
- Cellular Location: Membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein
Tissue Location: Expressed in normal hepatocytes as well as in epithelial cells lining the stomach, the small and the large intestine. Found also in basal keratinocytes of esophagus and skin. High levels are found in liver, gastrointestinal tract, thyroid and kidney. Also present in the brain
- Tips Information:
Please find the protocol used to generate the western blot data for item (OAAB06606) by going here
Product datasheet link: MET antibody (OAAB06606)
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology's MET antibody (OAAB06606) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva's products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org