- Official Gene Full Name:
- mitogen-activated protein kinase 14
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- CSAID-binding protein, CSBP, CSBP1, CSBP2, CSPB1, Cytokine suppressive anti-inflammatory drug-binding protein, EXIP, MAPK 14, MAP kinase 14, MAP kinase MXI2, MAP kinase p38 alpha, MAX-interacting protein 2, Mitogen-activated protein kinase 14, Mitogen-act
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the MAP kinase family. MAP kinases act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals, and are involved in a wide variety of cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation and development. This kinase is activated by various environmental stresses and proinflammatory cytokines. The activation requires its phosphorylation by MAP kinase kinases (MKKs), or its autophosphorylation triggered by the interaction of MAP3K7IP1/TAB1 protein with this kinase. The substrates of this kinase include transcription regulator ATF2, MEF2C, and MAX, cell cycle regulator CDC25B, and tumor suppressor p53, which suggest the roles of this kinase in stress related transcription and cell cycle regulation, as well as in genotoxic stress response. Four alternatively spliced transcript variants of this gene encoding distinct isoforms have been reported.
- Protein Name:
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 14
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates , Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 0.039 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.156 - 10 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 6.3% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 10.8% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology MAPK14 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH01909) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for MAPK14 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for MAPK14 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample MAPK14 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|MAPK14 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|MAPK14 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated CHIA Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 89%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MAPK14.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MAPK14.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural human MAP kinase 14. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.