- Official Gene Full Name:
- lysosomal acid lipase A
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- AA960673, Acid cholesteryl ester hydrolase, Cholesteryl esterase, Lal, LAL, Lip1, Lip-1, Lipase A, Lysosomal acid lipase/cholesteryl ester hydrolase, Sterol esterase
- Description of Target:
- Crucial for the intracellular hydrolysis of cholesteryl esters and triglycerides that have been internalized via receptor-mediated endocytosis of lipoprotein particles. Important in mediating the effect of LDL (low density lipoprotein) uptake on suppression of hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase and activation of endogenous cellular cholesteryl ester formation (By similarity).By similarity
- Protein Name:
- lysosomal acid lipase/cholesteryl ester hydrolase
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids
- < 0.126 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312-20 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level Lipa were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level Lipa were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10%
Inter-Assay CV: <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Lipa ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKCD00901) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Lipa has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Lipa is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Lipacaptured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Lipa Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|Lipa Lyophilized Standard||2 x 20 ng|
|100X Biotinylated Lipa Detector Antibody||120 uL|
|Avidin/HRP Conjugate||120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
- Kit Linearity:
|Sample||1:2 Dilution||1:4 Dilution||1:8 Dilution||1:16 Dilution|
- Kit Recovery:
|Matrix||Recovery Range (%)||Average (%)|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express LIPA.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express LIPA.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Lipase A, Lysosomal Acid (LIPA).
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Lipase A, Lysosomal Acid (LIPA) and analogues was observed.