- Official Gene Full Name:
- lipocalin 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- 24p3, AW212229, Lipocalin-2, Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin, NGAL, p25, Sip24, SV-40-induced 24P3 protein
- Description of Target:
- Iron-trafficking protein involved in multiple processes such as apoptosis, innate immunity and renal development. Binds iron through association with 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (2,5-DHBA), a siderophore that shares structural similarities with bacterial enterobactin, and delivers or removes iron from the cell, depending on the context. Iron-bound form (holo-24p3) is internalized following binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, leading to release of iron and subsequent increase of intracellular iron concentration. In contrast, association of the iron-free form (apo-24p3) with the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor is followed by association with an intracellular siderophore, iron chelation and iron transfer to the extracellular medium, thereby reducing intracellular iron concentration. Involved in apoptosis due to interleukin-3 (IL3) deprivation: iron-loaded form increases intracellular iron concentration without promoting apoptosis, while iron-free form decreases intracellular iron levels, inducing expression of the proapoptotic protein BCL2L11/BIM, resulting in apoptosis. Involved in innate immunity, possibly by sequestrating iron, leading to limit bacterial growth.
- Protein Name:
- neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- < 7.8 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 15.6 - 1,000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: <= 7.5% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: <= 9.5% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Lcn2 ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKEH04085) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Lcn2 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Lcn2 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Lcn2 captured in the well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Lcn2 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|Lcn2 Lyophilized Standard||2 x 2 ng|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Lcn2 Biotinylated Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|HRP Avidin Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 88%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express LCN2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express LCN2.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for OKEH04085
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2 - 8C. Do not use the kit beyond the expiration date.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural mouse NGAL. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.