- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Hairy and enhancer of split 1, (Drosophila)
- Protein Name:
- Transcription factor HES-1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- HHL, HRY, HES-1, bHLHb39
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-120760 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- HES1 belongs to the basic helix-loop-helix family of transcription factors. It is a transcriptional repressor of genes that require a bHLH protein for their transcription. The protein has a particular type of basic domain that contains a helix interrupting protein that binds to the N-box rather than the canonical E-box.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein A purified
- IF, IP, WB, IHC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express HES1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express HES1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human HES1
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-HES1 (ARP32372_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: NTTPDKPKTASEHRKSSKPIMEKRRRARINESLSQLKTLILDALKKDSSR
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- STAT3; JAK2; APH1A; LTBR; ASGR2; TLE1; ELAVL1; PARP1; UBC; NUDT3; HDAC6; YWHAB; PTK2; NR4A1; HMGCL; GAPDH; FHL1; CSNK1E; APCS; FANCE; FANCC; FANCA; FANCL; SPTAN1; HSP90AA1; HSPA4; FANCG; FANCF; HDAC1; RUNX2; HES6; ID4; ID1; SIRT1; UBQLN1; HEY2; ID2; ID3;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-HES1 (ARP32372_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP32372 (Previous Catalog # AAPP03361)
- Printable datasheet for anti-HES1 (ARP32372_T100) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
HES1 is strongly supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in Raji
- Target Reference:
- Hoebeke,I., et al., (2006) Blood 107 (7), 2879-2881
Tilley, A. E. et al. Down-regulation of the notch pathway in human airway epithelium in association with smoking and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 179, 457-66 (2009). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 19106307
Schreck, K. C. et al. The Notch target Hes1 directly modulates Gli1 expression and Hedgehog signaling: a potential mechanism of therapeutic resistance. Clin. Cancer Res. 16, 6060-70 (2010). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 21169257
Ma, W. et al. hCLP46 regulates U937 cell proliferation via Notch signaling pathway. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 408, 84-8 (2011). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 21458412
Bennani-Baiti, I. M. et al. Notch signalling is off and is uncoupled from HES1 expression in Ewing’s sarcoma. J. Pathol. 225, 353-63 (2011). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 21984123
Asnaghi, L. et al. Notch signaling promotes growth and invasion in uveal melanoma. Clin. Cancer Res. 18, 654-65 (2012). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 22228632
Guiu, J. et al. Hes repressors are essential regulators of hematopoietic stem cell development downstream of Notch signaling. J. Exp. Med. 210, 71-84 (2013). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 23267012
Chu, Q., Liu, L. & Wang, W. Overexpression of hCLP46 enhances Notch activation and regulates cell proliferation in a cell type-dependent manner. Cell Prolif. 46, 254-62 (2013). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 23692084
Ma, L. et al. Atractylenolide I-mediated Notch pathway inhibition attenuates gastric cancer stem cell traits. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 450, 353-9 (2014). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 24944018
Asnaghi, L. et al. Hypoxia Promotes Uveal Melanoma Invasion through Enhanced Notch and MAPK Activation. PLoS One 9, e105372 (2014). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 25166211
Meng, S; Su, Z; Liu, Z; Wang, N; Wang, Z; Rac1 contributes to cerebral ischemia reperfusion-induced injury in mice by regulation of Notch2. 306, 100-14 (2015). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 26299339
Natsumeda, M; Maitani, K; Liu, Y; Miyahara, H; Kaur, H; Chu, Q; Zhang, H; Kahlert, UD; Eberhart, CG; Targeting Notch Signaling and Autophagy Increases Cytotoxicity in Glioblastoma Neurospheres. 26, 713-723 (2016). IF, IP, WB, IHC, Cow, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 26613556
- Additional Product Images:
"As you can see in the images, the antibody identified as 32372 works perfectly for both WB and IF"
A- Western blot analysis of Ls174 colorectal cancer cells (parental cell line compared with cells transfected with an empty vector or a vector codifying for human hes1) using the indicated antibodies. Anti-hes1 was used at 1Î¼g/ml in TBSt and incubated 0/N at 4 degrees. As secondary antibody we used a Goat anti-Rabbit HRP from DAKO.
B- Immunofluorescence analysis of endogenous hes1 expression in Ls174T cells. Cells were fixed with 4%PFA for 30min at 4 degrees, washed twice with PBS and blocked/permeabilized with PBS/03% tritonX-100/4% BSA for 2 hours. Then, cells were incubated with anti-hes1 antibody (5Î¼g/ml) in the same solution 0/N at 4 degrees. After extensive washing, primary antibody was detected using the Alexa488 Donkey-anti-Rabbit secondary antibody.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this HES1 antibody (ARP32372_T100)
Click here to view the HES1 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: HES1 antibody (ARP32372_T100)
WB Suggested Anti-HES1 Antibody Titration: 1.25ug/ml
Positive Control: Raji
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: HES1 belongs to the basic helix-loop-helix family of transcription factors. It is a transcriptional repressor of genes that require a bHLH protein for their transcription. The protein has a particular type of basic domain that contains a helix interrupting protein that binds to the N-box rather than the canonical E-box.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology’s HES1 antibody (ARP32372_T100) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at email@example.com.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at email@example.com
Product Review: HES1 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP32372_T100) in Mouse embryonic stem cells using Western Blot
Product Page Link: HES1 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP32372_T100)
Data Provided by: Julie Haukenfrers ( on behalf of Dr. Mahmud Bani-Yaghoub)
1. How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
We do a lot of Western Blotting and Immunostaining so good clean antibodies are essential.
2. How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
The antibody was used 5-6 times
3. What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you prepare it?
Mouse embryonic stem cells were Ripa extracted for Westerns. Cells were grown on Poly-L-lysine/Laminin coated coverslips and fixed with 65%ETOH +0.15M NaCl for immunostaining.human NTera-2 (NT2/D1) neuronal precursor cells were Ripa extracted for Westerns.
4. What applications did you test the antibody in? Please include dilutions of the primary and secondary reagents.
Western blotting - Hes 1 #ARP32372_T100 was used at 1:800 overnight with secondary 1:5000 for 1hr and chemiluminesent detection.
Immunostaining - Hes 1 was used at 1:20 for 1h with secondary 1:500 for 1hr
5. What controls were used in your experiment? Please include your positive control.
No antibody controls for immunostaining. We did not have a positive control for Western blotting.
7. How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
10. How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5? Why?
4/5 for Hes 1 - very clean and good signal.
11. Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
Hes 1 definitely
13. Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
14. Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?
15. If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
Yes, Hes 1 is a very good antibody. Our results were very consistent.
Western Blot Protocol: -Run 50 ug protein/ well on 12% Acrylamide SDS-PAGE gel and transfer to nitrocellulose. Block 1hr at RT for 1hr in 5% milk/TBST*. Primary antibody Hes 1 : 1:800 in 5% milk/TBST* overnight at 4C. Wash 4 X 5 minutes in TBST*. Secondary antibody (anti-rabbit IgG-HRP) : 1:5,000 in 5% milk/TBST* for 1hr at RT. Wash 4 X 5 minutes in TBST*. Develop with ECL. TBST: 50mM Tris/HCL, ph7.5, 150mM NaCl, 0.05% Tween-20.
Researcher:Dr. Lluís Espinosa, IMIM-Hospital del Mar PRBB
Species+tissue/cell type:1 X 106 K562 cells
IP Antibody: HES1
Amount of IP antibody: 5ug
PCR primer: hGata2p
Publication of this experiment:
1: Guiu J, Shimizu R, D'Altri T, Fraser ST, Hatakeyama J, Bresnick EH, Kageyama R, Dzierzak E, Yamamoto M, Espinosa L, Bigas A. Hes repressors are essential regulators of hematopoietic stem cell development downstream of Notch signaling. J Exp Med. 2013 Jan 14;210(1):71-84. doi: 10.1084/jem.20120993. Epub 2012 Dec 24.PubMed PMID: 23267012; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3549704.