- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydratase 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydratase 1, CAP, Cementum attachment protein, HACD1, Protein-tyrosine phosphatase-like member A
- Description of Target:
- Isoform 1: Catalyzes the third of the four reactions of the long-chain fatty acids elongation cycle. This endoplasmic reticulum-bound enzymatic process, allows the addition of two carbons to the chain of long- and very long-chain fatty acids/VLCFAs per cycle. This enzyme catalyzes the dehydration of the 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA intermediate into trans-2,3-enoyl-CoA, within each cycle of fatty acid elongation. Thereby, it participates to the production of VLCFAs of different chain lengths that are involved in multiple biological processes as precursors of membrane lipids and lipid mediators.1 Publication <p>Manually curated information for which there is published experimental evidence.</p> <p><a href="/manual/evidences#ECO:0000269">Moreâ€¦</a></p> Manual assertion based on experiment iniRef.8"Characterization of four mammalian 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydratases involved in very long-chain fatty acid synthesis."_x005F_x000D_ Ikeda M., Kanao Y., Yamanaka M., Sakuraba H., Mizutani Y., Igarashi Y., Kihara A._x005F_x000D_ FEBS Lett. 582:2435-2440(2008) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: FUNCTION, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION, CATALYTIC ACTIVITY, PATHWAY, BIOPHYSICOCHEMICAL PROPERTIES, SUBUNIT. Isoform 2: In tooth development, may play a role in the recruitment and the differentiation of cells that participate to cementum formation. May also bind hydroxyapatite and regulate its crystal nucleation to form cementum.1 Publication <p>Manually curated information for which there is published experimental evidence.</p> <p><a href="/manual/evidences#ECO:0000269">Moreâ€¦</a></p> Manual assertion based on experiment iniRef.3"Isolation of protein-tyrosine phosphatase-like member-a variant from cementum."_x005F_x000D_ Valdes De Hoyos A., Hoz-Rodriguez L., Arzate H., Narayanan A.S._x005F_x000D_ J. Dent. Res. 91:203-209(2012) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: NUCLEOTIDE SEQUENCE [MRNA] (ISOFORM 2), FUNCTION (ISOFORM 2), TISSUE SPECIFICITY.
- Protein Name:
- very-long-chain (3R)-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydratase 1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates, cell lysates and other biological fluids.
- < 0.27 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.781-50 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level HACD1 were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level HACD1 were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10%
Inter-Assay CV: <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology HACD1 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD01257) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for HACD1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for HACD1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample HACD1captured in well.
- Kit Component:
Component Amount Anti-HACD1 Microplate 96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips) HACD1 Lyophilized Standard 2 x 50 ng 100X Biotinylated HACD1 Detector Antibody 120 uL Avidin/HRP Conjugate 120 uL Standard Diluent 1 x 20 mL Detector Antibody Diluent 1 x 12 mL Conjugate Diluent 1 x 12 mL 30X Wash Buffer 1 x 20 mL TMB Substrate 1 x 9 mL Stop Solution 1 x 6 mL
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express HACD1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express HACD1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Like Protein A (PTPLA). No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Like Protein A (PTPLA) and analogues was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tips Information:
Ask a Question