- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Glutamate dehydrogenase 1
- Protein Name:
- Glutamate dehydrogenase 1, mitochondrial
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- GDH, GDH1, GLUD, MGC132003
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-115824 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- L-glutamate dehydrogenase (EC 184.108.40.206) has a central role in nitrogen metabolism in plants and animals. Glutamate dehydrogenase is found in all organisms and catalyzes the oxidative deamination of 1-glutamate to 2-oxoglutarate. Glutamate, the main substrate of GLUD, is present in brain in concentrations higher than in other organs. In nervous tissue, GLUD appears to function in both the synthesis and the catabolism of glutamate and perhaps in ammonia detoxification. L-glutamate dehydrogenase (EC 220.127.116.11) has a central role in nitrogen metabolism in plants and animals. Glutamate dehydrogenase is found in all organisms and catalyzes the oxidative deamination of 1-glutamate to 2-oxoglutarate (Smith et al., 2001 [PubMed 11254391]). Glutamate, the main substrate of GLUD, is present in brain in concentrations higher than in other organs. In nervous tissue, GLUD appears to function in both the synthesis and the catabolism of glutamate and perhaps in ammonia detoxification (Mavrothalassitis et al., 1988 [PubMed 3368458]).[supplied by OMIM]. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications. PRIMARYREFSEQ_SPAN PRIMARY_IDENTIFIER PRIMARY_SPAN COMP 1-51 M20867.1 1-51 52-3120 BC112946.1 16-3084
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GLUD1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GLUD1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human GLUD1
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat, Sheep, Yeast, Zebrafish
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 86%; Dog: 100%; Horse: 93%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 93%; Pig: 93%; Rat: 100%; Sheep: 86%; Yeast: 86%; Zebrafish: 83%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-GLUD1 (ARP45708_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: EGFFDRGASIVEDKLVEDLRTRESEEQKRNRVRGILRIIKPCNHVLSLSF
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- FUS; UBC; DCP2; KLHL29; SUMO1; NEDD8; LSM1; ILK; CDK5; VTN; SEC62; STAT5A; ORM1; HPX; NR4A1; FN1; CRP; ASGR2; CUL3; ELAVL1; EBNA-LP; HDAC5; ICT1; GLUD1; DYNLL1; GOT2;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-GLUD1 (ARP45708_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP45708 (Previous Catalog # AAPP11841)
- Printable datasheet for anti-GLUD1 (ARP45708_P050) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
GLUD1 is strongly supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HT1080
- Additional Information:
- IHC Information: Human Colon, Myenteric Plexus: Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE)
IHC Information: Human Colon, Myenteric Plexus: Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE)
IHC Information: Human Pancreas: Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE)
- Target Reference:
- Kawajiri,M., (2006) Pediatr. Res. 59 (3), 359-364
Dr. Jennifer McGuire
"worked pretty well in both rat and pig brain tissue, we may need to increase amount of tissue or antibody”
2. Primary Antibody Dilution: 1:1000
3. Secondary Antibody and Dilution: LiCor infrared secondaries 1:5000; anti-mouse 800 (green) and anti-rabbit 680 (red).
4. Sample Preparation Method: Samples were denatured at 70C for 15 minutes and we use a denaturing sample buffer.