- Official Gene Full Name:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- FLJ38059, GAN1, Gigaxonin, Kelch-like protein 16, KLHL16
- Description of Target:
- Probable cytoskeletal component that directly or indirectly plays an important role in neurofilament architecture. May act as a substrate-specific adapter of an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex which mediates the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. Controls degradation of TBCB. Controls degradation of MAP1B and MAP1S, and is critical for neuronal maintenance and survival.4 Publications
<p>Manually curated information for which there is published experimental evidence.</p>
<p><a href="/manual/evidences#ECO:0000269">Moreâ€¦</a></p> Manual assertion based on experiment iniRef.3"Microtubule-associated protein 1B: a neuronal binding partner for gigaxonin."_x005F_x000D_
Ding J., Liu J.-J., Kowal A.S., Nardine T., Bhattacharya P., Lee A., Yang Y._x005F_x000D_
J. Cell Biol. 158:427-433(2002) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: FUNCTION, INTERACTION WITH MAP1B, SUBCELLULAR LOCATION, TISSUE SPECIFICITY.Ref.5"Gigaxonin interacts with tubulin folding cofactor B and controls its degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway."_x005F_x000D_
Wang W., Ding J., Allen E., Zhu P., Zhang L., Vogel H., Yang Y._x005F_x000D_
Curr. Biol. 15:2050-2055(2005) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: FUNCTION, INTERACTION WITH TBCB, CHARACTERIZATION OF VARIANTS GAN1 SER-15; PHE-82 AND CYS-545.Ref.6"Ubiquitination of Keap1, a BTB-Kelch substrate adaptor protein for Cul3, targets Keap1 for degradation by a proteasome-independent pathway."_x005F_x000D_
Zhang D.D., Lo S.C., Sun Z., Habib G.M., Lieberman M.W., Hannink M._x005F_x000D_
J. Biol. Chem. 280:30091-30099(2005) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: FUNCTION, IDENTIFICATION IN A COMPLEX WITH CUL3 AND RBX1, UBIQUITINATION.Ref.7"Gigaxonin-controlled degradation of MAP1B light chain is critical to neuronal survival."_x005F_x000D_
Allen E., Ding J., Wang W., Pramanik S., Chou J., Yau V., Yang Y._x005F_x000D_
Nature 438:224-228(2005) [PubMed] [Europe PMC] [Abstract]Cited for: FUNCTION, INTERACTION WITH UBA1 AND MAP1B. <p>Describes the metabolic pathway(s) associated with a protein.</p><p><a href='../manual/pathway' target='_top'>More...</a></p>Pathwayi: protein ubiquitinationThis protein is involved in the pathway protein ubiquitination, which is part of Protein modification._x005F_x000D_
View all proteins of this organism that are known to be involved in the pathway protein ubiquitination and in Protein modification.
- Protein Name:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates and other biological fluids.
- < 0.055 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.156-10 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level GAN were tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level GAN were tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10%
Inter-Assay CV: <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology GAN ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD00554) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for GAN has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for GAN is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample GANcaptured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-GAN Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|GAN Lyophilized Standard||2 x 10 ng|
|100X Biotinylated GAN Detector Antibody||120 uL|
|Avidin/HRP Conjugate||120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GAN.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GAN.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for OKCD00554
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2 - 8C. Do not use the kit beyond the expiration date.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Gigaxonin (GAN).
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Gigaxonin (GAN) and analogues was observed.