- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- 2354; 14282;
- Official Gene Full Name:
- FBJ murine osteosarcoma viral oncogene homolog B
- Alias Symbols:
- FOSB, G0S3, Protein fosB, G0/G1 switch regulatory protein 3
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-177246 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The Fos gene family consists of 4 members: FOS, FOSB, FOSL1, and FOSL2. These genes encode leucine zipper proteins that can dimerize with proteins of the JUN family, thereby forming the transcription factor complex AP-1. As such, the FOS proteins have been implicated as regulators of cell proliferation, differentiation, and transformation. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- Molecular Weight:
- 35 kDa
- The antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
- WB, IHC, IF, ELISA
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express FOSB.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express FOSB.
- Synthesized peptide derived from human Fos B around the phosphorylation site of S27. Location: 10-90aa.
- Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Product Format:
- Liquid. PBS containing 50% glycerol, 0.5% BSA and 0.02% sodium azide.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- 1 mg/ml
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-FOSB (OASG02775) antibody
- Target Post-Translational Modification:
- Phospho-Fos B (S27) Polyclonal Antibody detects endogenous levels of Fos B protein only when phosphorylated at S27.
- Application Info:
- WB: 1:500~2000
- Function: FosB interacts with Jun proteins enhancing their DNA binding activity.
Cellular Localization: Nucleus
- Tips Information:
Ask a Question