- Official Gene Full Name:
- fatty acid desaturase 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- 2900042M13Rik, D6D, Delta(6) desaturase, Delta(6) fatty acid desaturase, Delta-6 desaturase, Fadsd2, Fatty acid desaturase 2
- Description of Target:
- Component of a lipid metabolic pathway that catalyzes biosynthesis of highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFA) from precursor essential polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) linoleic acid (LA) (18:2n-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) (18:3n-3). Catalyzes the first and rate limiting step in this pathway which is the desaturation of LA (18:2n-6) and ALA (18:3n-3) into gamma-linoleic acid (GLA) (18:3n-6) and stearidonic acid (18:4n-3) respectively and other desaturation steps. Highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFA) play pivotal roles in many biological functions (By similarity).
- Protein Name:
- fatty acid desaturase 2
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates and Other biological fluids.
- < 0.07 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.15 - 10 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: <= 4.3% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: <= 6.5% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Fads2 ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKEH04311) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Fads2 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Fads2 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Fads2 captured in the well.
- Kit Component:
|Fads2 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|Fads2 Standard||2 x 2 ng|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Fads2 Biotinylated Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|HRP Avidin Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express FADS2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express FADS2.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural mouse Fatty acid desaturase 2. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.