- Alias Symbols:
- ENR, Enrofloxacin, Baytril, 93106-60-6, Enrofloxacine, CFPQ, Bay-Vp-2674
- Description of Target:
- Enrofloxacin (ENR) is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic sold by the Bayer Corporation under the trade name Baytril. Enrofloxacin is currently approved by the FDA for the treatment of individual pets and domestic animals in the United States. In September 2005, the FDA withdrew approval of Baytril for use in water to treat flocks of poultry, as this practice was noted to promote the evolution of fluoroquinolone-resistant strains of the bacterium Campylobacter, a human pathogen.
- Protein Name:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Tissues (chicken, shrimp, fish, liver, etc) and honey.
- Kit Range:
- 0.1-8.1 ppb
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-Assay: CV<8% (n= 3 x 20)
Mean Inter-Assay: CV<12% (n= 3 x 40)
- Kit Duration:
- ~4 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Enrofloxacin ELISA Kit (OKAO00116) is based on standard competitive inhibition enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. Enrofloxacin has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells along with a rabbit anti-Enrofloxacin antibody and an anti-rabbit / HRP Conjugated antibody, then incubated. Wells are washed and detection substrates are added and incubated. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of detector antibody bound in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of Sulfadimethoxine in the sample.
- Kit Component:
|Enrofloxacin Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|Enrofloxacin Standards||6 x 1 mL|
|Enrofloxacin Rabbit Detector Antibody||1 x 7 mL|
|Anti-Rabbit / HRP Conjugate||1 x 7 mL|
|Detection Reagent A||1 x 7 mL|
|Detection Reagent B||1 x 7 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 7 mL|
|20X Wash Buffer||2 x 20 mL|
|2X Sample Prep Buffer||3 x 15 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
|Tissue||85% +/- 10%|
|Honey||85% +/- 10%|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
|Substance||Cross Reactivity Rate|